View Diary: Universal background check could be as dead as assault weapons ban (614 comments)

•  indeed, the RKBA posse will show up and once again (8+ / 0-)

we get to play NRA bingo.

(snicker)

•  It's getting under their skin when we play back (6+ / 0-)

Hope you'll participate whenever the next round begins.

"They did not succeed in taking away our voice" - Angelique Kidjo - Opening the Lightning In a Bottle concert at Radio City Music Hall in New York City - 2003

by LilithGardener on Wed Mar 20, 2013 at 04:09:41 PM PDT

•  as Saul Alinsky says, laughing at them is the most (6+ / 0-)

potent weapon.

I laugh at them the same way I laugh at tinfoil-hat Birchers, and for much the same reasons.

•  Absolutely not. (2+ / 0-)
        noway2, KVoimakas

Watching your side have no answer other than hysterically typing "Bingo" is the greatest symbal of how this debate is going.

I love it. In fact, where is the promised 49 reasons to support gun rights bingo card?
        I have been waiting with bated breath....after all, we had such fun with the first one!

Those who would sacrifice liberty for security deserve neither.

by FrankRose on Wed Mar 20, 2013 at 06:08:24 PM PDT

•  So it's all a game to you? (1+ / 0-)
        noway2
        It's getting under their skin when we play back
        I'm not a member of any group here, let alone a "posse" as lenny proposes.

I do find it somewhat sad though that people like you find this all fun & amusing, perhaps like a game....

Hope you'll participate whenever the next round begins
        Why is that? Can you not at the very least have some respect for the many people that believe in 2A that probably agree with at least 90% of your views except this one?
        •  yeah, I keep forgetting that the posse is (1+ / 0-)
          LilithGardener

more liberal than the NRA.  On everything but guns.

(snicker)

Want to stop being associated with the Birchers and the tinfoil-hatters?  Then stop sounding just like them.

Dogs, beds, fleas, and all that.

•  It's certainly not a game to me - (3+ / 0-)
          Kentucky Kid, Avila, WakeUpNeo

I'm new here. As I understand it, BINGO is an attempt to neutralize disruptive behavior when someone who is unawares is trying in good faith to have a discussion and don't recognize they are being led down the same path that others have been led before.

A brief history of BINGO. A small sample of members from a certain group come into diaries to divert, distract, derail, confuse, and irritate, and they all keep repeating the same RW or NRA memes, over and over and over again. Two  weeks ago someone made a joke about it and decided to start a list, and that led to a BINGO card as a shorthand way to cut the diversion attempts short and alert others to not waste their time with that poster's attempts to distract and derail.

by LilithGardener on Wed Mar 20, 2013 at 07:20:12 PM PDT

•  Lilith, I have no clue what you're talking about (2+ / 0-)
            LilithGardener, KVoimakas

as far as "bingo" - that's a new one on me. From your description it sounds like it's an diversion from actually discussing or debating the issue at hand.

Me personally, whether I agree or disagree 100%, or somewhere in between with what someone posts, I'll simply state my thoughts/facts and continue on, not play this "game", or whatever it is....but that's just me

•  No skin off my back that you don't understand (1+ / 0-)
              Avila

what has been happening or what BINGO means.

I attempted to explain.

YMMV

by LilithGardener on Wed Mar 20, 2013 at 07:57:36 PM PDT

•  I strongly support the right to keep and (2+ / 0-)
          Avila, WakeUpNeo

bear arms and have have been attacked from the other extreme when I stand up for an individual right to self defense and under Heller, an individual right to use a gun for self defense and defense of one's property.

If you're not sure please peruse my diaries and comments.

I was taught to shoot straight at the age of 10, and although I don't currently own a gun, I might want to in some future chapter of my life.

The tragedy of gun violence is not a game at all.

by LilithGardener on Wed Mar 20, 2013 at 07:24:49 PM PDT

•  What I will no longer abide are extreme (1+ / 0-)
          WakeUpNeo

libertarians claiming legitimacy in our diaries when they spout lies, repeat the NRA talking points, express vehemence against liberal states that do have gun regulations, and openly celebrate "victory" along side the likes of Ted Cruz.

I welcome ideas and facts to help figure out what reforms can reduce gun trafficking, can reduce transfer of guns into the hands of people who are already prohibited from having them, and how to make ownership less of a menace to everyone around the gun, especially the children.

The right to self defense is a universal human right. It does not reside in the US constitution. The US 2A right to use a firearm for self defense does not include any right to create a menace to oneself or others.

If you agree that 100,000 shootings a year constitute a public health problem then we're in the same large frame.

The BINGO game began from a need to push back against people who deny there is a problem.

by LilithGardener on Wed Mar 20, 2013 at 07:32:42 PM PDT

•  PS - there is a concerted and sustained effort (1+ / 0-)
            WakeUpNeo

by a small number of Kossacks to discourage people from taking any action, at all. They lie, they distort by cherry picking numbers, and they bully people out of the discussion.

Some of them joined very recently and only have one issue.

The BINGO rebuttal is not personal, it's a counter attack against a trolling strategy.

by LilithGardener on Wed Mar 20, 2013 at 08:02:17 PM PDT