View Diary: Dear Food Police (246 comments)

•  Yanno, I don't drink Pepsi (2+ / 0-)
    FloridaSNMOM, Mortifyd

The diarist does, and has very valid reasons for doing so - he likes Pepsi. Worse, he likes Diet Pepsi (shudder).

Me, I make my own sodas because no one makes the flavors I like best (Mr. Q Cumber comes closest, but it's too sweet for me). I like savory flavored sodas - carrot, cucumber, chicken, tomato, and celery. I carbonate them myself.

But I fully and completely support the right of people to buy whatever floats their boat - even if it is skanky diet sodas - and I don't care how they pay for it.

As far as I'm concerned, people on food stamps still pay taxes. Maybe not as much as they once did or might again, but they pay taxes and have earned the right to buy whatever food products they want whether they use food stamps or cash.

All knowledge is worth having. Check out OctopodiCon to support steampunk learning and fun. Also, on DKos, check out the Itzl Alert Network.

by Noddy on Fri Mar 22, 2013 at 10:10:55 AM PDT

•  I should HR (1+ / 0-)
      Noddy

for chicken and cucumber flavored sodas.

(((((((shudder)))))))))

Political compass: -8.75 / -4.72

by Mark Mywurtz on Fri Mar 22, 2013 at 06:12:52 PM PDT

•  Food Policing - yer still doin it. /nt (0+ / 0-)

And we sail and we sail and we never see land, just the rum in the bottle and a pipe in my hand...

by Mortifyd on Fri Mar 22, 2013 at 07:44:13 PM PDT

•   Sheesh (0+ / 0-)

I figured it was pretty obvious that I was having a little fun at the expense of chicken-flavored soda. Lighten up....pretty sure it does little harm to kid about chicken soda which is, you know, a bit of a weird concept if you've never.

Political compass: -8.75 / -4.72

by Mark Mywurtz on Sat Mar 23, 2013 at 04:46:32 AM PDT

•  You don't know what you're missing (0+ / 0-)

The chicken flavor is light, refreshing, and it satisfies in a way that commercial sodas just don't.

The venison soda is a bit odd, because venison broth itself (the base of the soda) is odd -kind of sweet, kind of gamey, and lacking in serious umami although adding carrots, celery, and onion helps.

Before you condemn the cucumber sodas give a Mr. Q Cumber a try. For those accustomed to over-sweetened sodas, it's palatable, tastier than cucumber spa water, and with all the lovely carbonation.

by Noddy on Sat Mar 23, 2013 at 06:47:50 AM PDT

•  I'd probably t.r.y. all of them (0+ / 0-)

without high expectations, sad to say.  Except the cuke coke....I care not one bit for cucumbers in their normal form...can't imagine adding a little ginger ale would change that much.  Thanks though!

Political compass: -8.75 / -4.72

by Mark Mywurtz on Sat Mar 23, 2013 at 07:07:16 AM PDT

•  Goodness Noddy, is there anything (1+ / 0-)
      Mortifyd

you can't make yourself? BTW, what do you use for a carbonator? We like seltzer, but don't make our own. Our tap water isn't trustworthy and those sodastream things seems outrageously expensive.