View Diary: Secret Santa’s, Aji & Wings and things (29 comments)

•  I have to go off to work now to make money to (12+ / 0-)

buy more of Wings jewelry.

I hope everyone who participated in this gift whether in thoght or deed sees this and knows how thankful I am!

zuzu,
    Tracy

Tracy B Ann - technically that is my signature.

by ZenTrainer on Fri Mar 22, 2013 at 08:53:31 AM PDT

•  Ha! Addictive, innit? (6+ / 0-)

I'm lucky; I choose a piece to wear around the shop each day to show customers how it will look on, and maybe give it a little extra good energy. :-D

Speaking of which, since you were kind enough to open the door so wide, I'm gonna take full advantage of it here.  For anyone who is interested in Wings's work, as you may know, we're reaching the latter days of our annual enforced closure.  Two months, this year, so this is our REALLY lean season.  [The projected re-open date is April 1, but I haven't seen that confirmed yet.]  By the end of today, I hope to have some of his new pieces posted on the Web site linked in my sig.  None of his work comes cheap - everything will be more than $100, and some significantly more - but it's all beautiful.  To give you a taste, here's his latest high-end piece, just finished yesterday:

photo MedicineSpiritMLotRGNecklace_zps363972b6.jpg

Medicine Spirit, from Wings's signature series, Mona Lisa on the Rio Grande.  $875 + shipping/insurance.

That's a hand-cut, hand-stamped sterling silver setting holding that massive cab, which is Lavender-Pit Bisbee turquoise.  The beads are natural unfinished turquoise nuggets, hand-drilled and hand-strung on a sterling silver chain.

It's a stunner - not that I'm biased or anything. :-D

Authentic Native American silverwork, jewelry, photography, and other art here.

by Aji on Fri Mar 22, 2013 at 11:09:26 AM PDT

•  I thought the Bisbee mines were done, that slab (5+ / 0-)

of turquoise is a rare bird, unless there is a new vein, in which case.......

My sister wants to retire to Bisbee, I will get to visit!

If love could have saved you, you would have lived forever. & http://www.dailykos.com/blog/Okiciyap

by weck on Fri Mar 22, 2013 at 02:05:58 PM PDT

•  You can tour the old mine pit area now. :-) (0+ / 0-)

I think he picked up that particular stone a couple of years ago; lots of it out there being resold, traded, etc.  But damn, it's expensive.  He's been holding off on using the stone until he produced a setting that he wanted for it, I think.

Authentic Native American silverwork, jewelry, photography, and other art here.

by Aji on Sat Mar 23, 2013 at 05:32:33 AM PDT

•  I just checked the site for new stuff. (3+ / 0-)
        navajo, Aji, peregrine kate

I like all the rings and the way they are displayed. Nice.

Tracy B Ann - technically that is my signature.

by ZenTrainer on Fri Mar 22, 2013 at 06:58:45 PM PDT

•  Yeah, they actually display better . . . (1+ / 0-)
          ZenTrainer

on the Web site that in the gallery.  :-)  For individual photos, he can use that antler against the black velvet.  In the shop, we don't have the kind of space that would permit that, so they're just on an ordinary black velvet ring display.  [Sigh] maybe today/tomorrow I'll actually have time to get the descriptions, etc., on the site, too.

Authentic Native American silverwork, jewelry, photography, and other art here.

by Aji on Sat Mar 23, 2013 at 05:35:32 AM PDT

•  omfg... (2+ / 0-)
        Aji, peregrine kate

THAT is stunning...

and Bisbee.

wow.

•  You like? :-D (1+ / 0-)
          peregrine kate

Gawd, I'd love to see some of his big pieces on you - you could pull it off fabulously.

And, yeah, Bisbee.  If you look closely, you can see the little wispy streaks of dark red matrix in it.  We have some of that same Lavender Pit turquoise in blocks, but he hasn't gotten around to doing the lapidary on them yet.  They're more matrix than turquoise, but the turquoise that's in them is that same perfect blue.

Authentic Native American silverwork, jewelry, photography, and other art here.

by Aji on Sat Mar 23, 2013 at 05:38:22 AM PDT