View Diary: Saturday Morning Garden Blogging Vol. 9.5 (277 comments)

•  Hey fellow AH-ers!!! (4+ / 0-)
    welso, blueoasis, jayden, estreya

Update!

I just got a truncated note from GUG!!  He's on his way to Venice!  He loves Turkey!!  He...

well, that's all he could write.  I think he kept losing the connection.

I'm pretty certain he'll be in Italy for another two weeks or more before he heads home.

All the suffering of this world arises from a wrong attitude.The world is neither good or bad. It is only the relation to our ego that makes it seem the one or the other - Lama Anagorika Govinda

by kishik on Tue Mar 26, 2013 at 11:34:22 AM PDT

•  Wow. That sounds like a super trip! (3+ / 0-)
      jayden, estreya, kishik

I've always enjoyed his pictures and I've collected and worked with antiques for years until I've pretty much od'd.

Unless it's too private, do you mind if I ask what the GUG nickname means?  I've always been curious about that but never read anything that gave any context.

More: Some men think the Earth is round, others think it flat; it is a matter capable of question. But if it is flat, will the King's command make it round? And if it is round, will the King's command flatten it?

by blueoasis on Tue Mar 26, 2013 at 07:15:22 PM PDT

•  He's a Great Uncle (3+ / 0-)
        estreya, blueoasis, kishik

Great Uncle G

Not this mind and not this heart, I won't rot • Mumford & Sons

by jayden on Tue Mar 26, 2013 at 09:09:11 PM PDT

•  Ah, that's cute. (3+ / 0-)
          kishik, jayden, estreya

A little light teasing I assume and not nearly so esoteric as I had imagined.

by blueoasis on Tue Mar 26, 2013 at 09:40:55 PM PDT

•  Yah... The acronym MB (3+ / 0-)
            jayden, estreya, blueoasis

Was taken already... I guess we could have shortened it to MBro, but GUG is just as short and sweet! ;-)

His complete handle is just too long to keep typing out! Lol

by kishik on Wed Mar 27, 2013 at 07:43:51 AM PDT

•  Lol. I experience that too with longer names. (4+ / 0-)
              kishik, Frankenoid, estreya, jayden

Everything's so fast that even a couple of seconds longer
              typing or downloading seems forever.

When I signed up after lurking for a while, I didn't realize how common every possible variation on blue would become.  In conversation, people sometimes shorten it to blue and occasionally the rather personal B O. :D

Hope you get some relief from the rain soon.  The effects of the freezes here are showing and quite a bit got a hit, but not as bad as I feared.  As of today, the fork-tongued forecasters are giving us a moderate chance of rain for 7 of the next 10 days.  But not very much warming so far. Just hope any more hard freezing doesn't roll down.

by blueoasis on Wed Mar 27, 2013 at 02:12:34 PM PDT

•  Well, we could call you.. (4+ / 0-)
                blueoasis, Frankenoid, estreya, jayden

bluo... ;-)

j is the one who started to shorten my already fairly short handle to kish.  I was so lazy I just started to call jayden "j"...

;-)

by kishik on Wed Mar 27, 2013 at 02:51:01 PM PDT

•  Bluo! Ha ha ha! (3+ / 0-)
                  Frankenoid, estreya, jayden

Love it.  Sounds so young and cool.  Definitely me. :D

Seriously, anything is fine with me.  I do like shortened names though.

What is really disconcerting to me is users who chose names like gxywt612348.  I mean, wtf?  It's like code for an auto part replacement. But I guess it works out okay.  To each his own and all that.

by blueoasis on Wed Mar 27, 2013 at 03:41:44 PM PDT

•  I hope he posts photographs when he ... (3+ / 0-)
      jayden, kishik, Frankenoid

... gets back.  I've never been; always wanted to go.  His photographs may well be just as good as being there.