View Diary: Open thread for night owls: Where do they find these people? (139 comments)

•  Texas has 'family' restrooms some places (6+ / 0-)

(aka the ADA restroom, which also houses the baby-changing table), and the walls sport both "feminine hygiene" and "pleasure enhancement" vending machines.

LBJ, Lady Bird, Van Cliburn, Ike, Ann Richards, Barbara Jordan, Molly Ivins, Sully Sullenburger, Drew Brees: Texas is NO Bush League!

by BlackSheep1 on Wed Mar 27, 2013 at 09:40:03 PM PDT

•  That's my Texas. One stop shopping. nt (4+ / 0-)

The Great Awakening Is Afire! Think outside the box.

by franklyn on Wed Mar 27, 2013 at 09:47:16 PM PDT

•  Our local home depot has one of those. Haven't (5+ / 0-)

been in there so don't know if it sports vending machines. Those seem to be not as abundant in retail establishments anymore. Which for some ungodly reason reminds me of the time I was in San Jose for a 2 day class and woohoo period shows up. So I managed to find a tampon machine in the ladies room at the SJ Hilton. And there I am feeding quarters into this thing at 8am trying to score 2 days worth! And really hoping nobody would walk in and think I had a tampon fetish. May have to visit that bathroom at NN13 just for old times sake!

if a habitat is flooded, the improvement for target fishes increases by an infinite percentage...because a habitat suitability index that is even a tiny fraction of 1 is still infinitely higher than zero, which is the suitability of dry land to fishes.

by mrsgoo on Wed Mar 27, 2013 at 10:14:50 PM PDT

•  LOL (5+ / 0-)

One of the things I don't miss after menopause.

It is an old strategy of tyrants to delude their victims into fighting their battles for them. FDR

by Betty Pinson on Wed Mar 27, 2013 at 10:23:49 PM PDT

•  lawd knows I wish I were there. I'm kinda sorta (1+ / 0-)
          Ninepatch

maybe in fits and starts getting there. All I know for sure is that hot flashes are pretty much like pron. Ya know it when you see it / feel it!! Such high hopes after not having a cycle in 4 months. wham! Just when I was looking at all that product under the sink and thinking.... maybe I could throw it out! pfffftttttt.

by mrsgoo on Wed Mar 27, 2013 at 10:33:44 PM PDT

•  I went 6 months between periods (3+ / 0-)
            Ninepatch, JeffW, Calamity Jean

then had about 2+ weeks of MAJOR bleeding -- it was so bad I went to the OB/GYN and she ordered up a uterine biopsy which freakin' HURT. Fortunately came back benign, and pelvic ultrasound showed nothing but cobwebs so I'll see what happens in another 6 months or so.

by Cali Scribe on Wed Mar 27, 2013 at 11:41:38 PM PDT