View Diary: Bitcoin Bubble Bound to Burst (52 comments)

•  Hah! (0+ / 0-)

I caught you making multiple posts in this thread pumping bitcoin, lying about the ability to short bitcoin, and suggesting bitcoin would be going up because of demand from Europe (without any facts).

I looked into your profile to see you were associated with Occupy and other organizations that are heavy bitcoin supporters.

I drew the line between the two points.

You took it upon yourself to provide false information to individuals in this thread regarding the short-saleability of bitcoin and its potential and the metrics of its valuation.

Seeing as this is my diary, I was initially being kind by simply pointing out this conflict of interest so that people could see your bad information about short-selling as probably connected to this, and in response you bit my head off (instead of apologizing and admitting you were wrong about short-selling).

You've successfully stuffed up the entire comments thread of this diary entry now, which makes it that much harder for people who took the time to read the entry and who actually have experience with and understand the market to discuss this topic.

Deficits don't matter, jobs do.

by aguadito on Thu Mar 28, 2013 at 05:46:58 PM PDT

•  You're the one in attack mode (0+ / 0-)

Trying to shut down any conversation that doesn't agree with your view. Kinda like when you attempted, right off the bat, to somehow discredit AoT with the "associated with OWS" bullshit.

Post a diary, expect some dissent. It takes two to "stuff up the entire comments thread." You are the other half.

~ Jerry Garcia

by DeadHead on Thu Mar 28, 2013 at 06:37:17 PM PDT

•  Dissent is fine (0+ / 0-)

But lying is not.

And I was in attack mode because of the combination of lies, repetition, and the connections I saw (Wiki+OWS) with the person (AoT) responsible for those things.

I'm open for dissent, but not if it's about "hey short-selling is possible" or multiple shaky (false reference to higher European demand, "given there's a limited number, it should go up against the dollar") talking points for bitcoin going up.

Perhaps AoT is being good-natured, but it wasn't coming off that way at the time, because he was making claims I knew to be untrue about shortselling in the market particularly.

Deficits don't matter, jobs do.

by aguadito on Thu Mar 28, 2013 at 06:50:07 PM PDT

•  In other words (0+ / 0-)
          You're not open for dissent if it runs counter to the narrative of your "I'm not sure, but I want to go on the record now just in case" diary.

Because you have some insider knowledge that makes your scenario the only possible outcome. Yet you're still not sure, and want to go on the record, just in case, so you'll be able to say "I was right! I was right!" And your dairy couldn't likewise be seen as a set of "talking points."

Got it.

~ Jerry Garcia

by DeadHead on Thu Mar 28, 2013 at 07:09:37 PM PDT

•  Uh, yea (0+ / 0-)

What did you think this was, a paid investor newsletter? Get over yourself, it's a diary entry.

Go read some other diaries and harass them for using speculation to go on the record in 1% of a diary posted.

I'm sure you'd be surprised to see how your standards are quite special just for me.

Try actually reading the diary, instead of only joining the comments thread to "back up" your buddy.  Hey, if you actually read, you might even learn something.

Deficits don't matter, jobs do.

by aguadito on Fri Mar 29, 2013 at 12:58:00 AM PDT

•  I was wrong about short selling (1+ / 0-)
          DeadHead

Not lying. And you never actually addressed the main issue I brought up with anything except a blanket dismissal of the entire possibility that people in Europe could be buying bit coins. You just said it wasn't true. I'm sorry for being an asshole after that but I tend to get angry when people lie about me being a shill.

I brought up my points in the hope that you'd address them and instead you decided I was your enemy and part of some conspiracy. Neither of those things is true.

If debt were a moral issue then, lacking morals, corporations could never be in debt.

by AoT on Thu Mar 28, 2013 at 07:24:16 PM PDT

• Law (16)
  • GOP (16)
  • 2016 (15)
  • Climate Change (15)
  • United States (14)
  • Marriage Equality (14)
  • Click here for the mobile view of the site