View Diary: Obama issues Executive Order to investigate voter suppression (212 comments)

•  You didn't say "in recent history." (0+ / 0-)

When you get your bluff called, you shift the goalposts. Dishonest of you.

Bush's commissions were a joke. Clinton had almost none, and they were not of significant consequence. Two that I'm aware of. That leaves three for Obama prior to this one. So you've got a -very- small pool if you want to constrain it so.

We have just enough religion to make us hate, but not enough to make us love one another. -- Jonathan Swift

by raptavio on Fri Mar 29, 2013 at 06:25:46 PM PDT

•  And how exactly does ancient history (0+ / 0-)

matter here? Your most recent one was in the late 80's, before Repubs went apeshit over Clinton and decided to wage a 20 year war. I'm not completely against commissions for certain issues. Gun control might have been a good way to give Repubs cover for going along with some of it. But at this point vote suppression is pretty much all they have--along with tanking the economy yet again. You really think they're going to cooperate with Obama on either?

I never snark about such things gratuitously, even though you think I do, nor am I inclined to "hate" out of poutraged infantilism. I've been following politics since the early 70's and I can tell a real effort from an optical one. Disagree if you like but don't assume that us "haters" are just disappointed purists who didn't get their pony. This stuff actually matters to us.

"Liberty without virtue would be no blessing to us" - Benjamin Rush, 1777

by kovie on Fri Mar 29, 2013 at 07:51:30 PM PDT

•  I would believe you (0+ / 0-)

if you didn't keep shifting and changing your argument when you issue a direct challenge, get it answered, then shift the goalposts.

But that's what you do, and that's why you lack credibility.

by raptavio on Fri Mar 29, 2013 at 08:13:35 PM PDT

•  No, it's what you say I do (0+ / 0-)

And you're the last person to tell anyone about credibility since you've never done anything but rubber stamp everything Obama's done and attack anyone who won't. It's literally the only thing you do here--ever.

"Liberty without virtue would be no blessing to us" - Benjamin Rush, 1777

by kovie on Fri Mar 29, 2013 at 10:02:21 PM PDT

•  Funny statement (0+ / 0-)

from the guy who called me a liar earlier today. A very cursory review of my comments today puts the lie to your remarks.

But nice 'tu quoque' there, chum. The bit dog hollers.

Bye now. Have a nice night.

by raptavio on Fri Mar 29, 2013 at 10:05:53 PM PDT

•  Then you've had a sudden awakening (0+ / 0-)

Congrats on the reality check.

"Liberty without virtue would be no blessing to us" - Benjamin Rush, 1777

by kovie on Fri Mar 29, 2013 at 10:16:13 PM PDT

•  It has always been thus, genius. (0+ / 0-)

You just are as blind as you have falsely accused me of being.

End of line.