View Diary: Why Can't We all Just Get Along... (547 comments)

•  You don't even know what the word means. (12+ / 0-)

People are shunning you because you're demonstrating your homophobia. That is not people being bigoted toward you, that is people calling you out for your bigotry.

•  they have such a deep & terrible sad (5+ / 0-)

when people spell out that open bigotry (exclusion) won't be dignified by inclusion in the rest of society. That's the whole point, that's what "tolerance" means in the first place. Those who would seek to exclude are excluded; those who include will be included.

It's just the Do Unto Others rule in action, but the diarist-as-Biblical-interpreter is not interested in this section, so "that's not the god" he knows.

•  homophobia... (0+ / 0-)

sorry not today...  I have no fear of homosexuals...
      never have...  when I was younger I did not like them very much.  that was ignorance...  but I learn what love was and what it is for and that changed.

if indeed i am a bigot the truth will make me free... bigotry is hateful as well as hurtful...  dealt with it all my life
      don't want to be a bigot...

I may not be deep, but I am very wide... Honree Balzac

by meknow on Sat Mar 30, 2013 at 08:54:54 AM PDT

•  the truth will only make you free (2+ / 0-)
        Diogenes2008, maf1029

if you are open to it. The approach you demonstrate has the opposite effect.

Gondwana has always been at war with Laurasia.

by AaronInSanDiego on Sat Mar 30, 2013 at 11:06:31 AM PDT

•  what keeps the truth at bey? (0+ / 0-)

remember there is truth.  and then there is the truth...  one yields to the other...  truth is tough to deal with when it is tearing at your kingdom.

I learned that it is my best friend.  if you can't love and accept the truth regardless of how painful it hurts, how stupid it makes you look, the ignorance it exposes then you will fall for lies and even worse lie to your self...

aaron, here is a key i learned in life.  there is hardly any struggle needed from men to keep truth alive in fact none.  but a lie or falsehood will have to keep their flames fanned and fire stoked...  the truth can not be kept covered even under tons of concrete lies believe me friend

I may not be deep, but I am very wide... Honree Balzac

by meknow on Sat Mar 30, 2013 at 11:56:20 AM PDT

•  Lies are fancie up and glittery and will always (0+ / 0-)

command attention early and late...but around midnight the coach will start to be seen as the pumpkin it is..  while the beauty of the truth will be shimmering and glowing where it is not effortlessly

I may not be deep, but I am very wide... Honree Balzac

by meknow on Sat Mar 30, 2013 at 11:59:14 AM PDT

•  truth is truth, period. (0+ / 0-)

If it were really your friend you wouldn't cling to the blinders that fundamentalism creates.

Gondwana has always been at war with Laurasia.

by AaronInSanDiego on Sat Mar 30, 2013 at 12:03:02 PM PDT

•  fundamentalism... you calling me names... (0+ / 0-)

what is a fundamentalist?  I believe in word of God and His plan for the world as revealed through the bible

I may not be deep, but I am very wide... Honree Balzac

by meknow on Sat Mar 30, 2013 at 12:51:08 PM PDT

•  I'm not calling you names. (3+ / 0-)

Fundamentalism describes your approach, as revealed by the words in your diary and comments.

Gondwana has always been at war with Laurasia.

by AaronInSanDiego on Sat Mar 30, 2013 at 01:20:12 PM PDT

•  why are you guys vague, so broad and never (0+ / 0-)

give descriptive evidence...  does the word sin make me a fundamentalist?  because I take the word of God as law?  because I feel that two men or two women in an marriage relationship is not natural?
                  you don't believe as I do.  so now what have i done to you be tell you how I felt.  you have the problem I don't.
                  you say that my belief is phoney and foolish i don't give a rotten tuna sandwich what you think or believe about how i feel.  i am dialoguing with you give me substance to override it and then i will consider.

I gave you the rational reason I do not believe in homosexuality and you gave me your reason and it did was not rational it was passion...

you hate me because I tell you the truth,

I may not be deep, but I am very wide... Honree Balzac

by meknow on Sat Mar 30, 2013 at 02:18:25 PM PDT

•  your belief is not rational in my opinion. (1+ / 0-)
                    terrybuck

If you believe that your interpretation of a translation of the entire Bible is the inerrant word of God, that is a fundamentalist belief. It is one of the tenets of Christian fundamentalism.

I don't hate you. I don't know you. I think the views you've expressed are wrong and harmful.

Gondwana has always been at war with Laurasia.

by AaronInSanDiego on Sat Mar 30, 2013 at 02:29:56 PM PDT