Skip to main content

View Diary: My marriage is over. (157 comments)

Comment Preferences

  •  I believe that it would be Schedule C. (2+ / 0-)
    Recommended by:
    jayden, Ricochet67

    (Please be advised that this information is NOT warranted to be any good.  Follow it, and you're asking for an audit!)

    You can't use Schedule C-EZ to declare a loss.  

    Other helpful tips:  

    The 2012 vehicle reimbursement rates is 55.5 cents per mile.  Per diem rates default to $77/day for lodging and $46/day for meals, though many urban areas have a higher rate.  Be warned that many activities which differentiate GLBT from the rest of society are not work-related and thus cannot be deducted.  If they are work-related, you may only deduct them once -- no deducting the hotel room you rented to be conveniently situated for a sales presentation, then deducting it again for the after-hours snuggle with your gay spouse!  

    I am not aware that same-sex commercial sex/prostitution is regulated in the State of Nevada as heterosexual commercial sex/prostitution is.

    Also, check with a tax preparer to see if a Form 1040 SE needs to be filled out for self-employment, particularly if you work on a 1099 basis.  Also make sure that you know whether you need to fill out preliminary returns four times per year.  

    "Politics should be the part-time profession of every citizen who would protect the rights and privileges of free people and who would preserve what is good and fruitful in our national heritage." -- Lucille Ball

    by Yamaneko2 on Sun Mar 31, 2013 at 12:40:38 AM PDT

    [ Parent ]

Subscribe or Donate to support Daily Kos.

Click here for the mobile view of the site