View Diary: POTUS to Return 5% of Salary in Solidarity with Furloughed Workers (231 comments)

•  you are rather clueless (0+ / 0-)

the president doesn't have everything paid for and frankly I think even if he did give 100% you'd still be 'critizing'

In the time that I have been given,
    I am what I am

by duhban on Wed Apr 03, 2013 at 04:38:39 PM PDT

•  Given the sequester (1+ / 0-)
      delver rootnose

Was his brainchild to avoid a real plan in an election year, yeah, I probably would.

•  Here we go again. (2+ / 0-)
        duhban, Diogenes2008

This was NOT his idea.  Jee us people, really.

•  the sequester was a GOP idea (1+ / 0-)
        Diogenes2008

why are you buying GOP proganda?

In the time that I have been given,
        I am what I am

by duhban on Wed Apr 03, 2013 at 05:42:59 PM PDT

•  I see (0+ / 0-)

And he didn't threaten to veto any bill that limited the sequester cuts either?

•  your 'obejction' is pointless and inane (0+ / 0-)

you are ignorant of the actual events in question and I do not have the time nor wish to spend it if I had it educating you

In the time that I have been given,
            I am what I am

by duhban on Wed Apr 03, 2013 at 07:21:12 PM PDT

•  Of course he did, FD. See below . . . (0+ / 0-)
            Obama pledges to veto effort to undo automatic spending cuts

By Kevin Hechtkopf CBS News November 21, 2011, 11:49 PM, Updated 7:00 p.m. ET

President Obama is promising to veto any effort to undo the automatic spending cuts that are set to take effect now that the congressional supercommittee has announced its failure to strike a deal to cut $1.2 trillion from the deficit over the next 10 years.

"Already some in Congress are trying to undo these automatic spending cuts. My message to them is simple: No," Mr. Obama said from the White House briefing room Monday evening. "I will veto any effort to get rid of those automatic spending cuts to domestic and defense spending."

"There will be no easy off ramps on this one.," he added. (watch at left)

The president's statement came about an hour after the chairs of the bipartisan supercommittee, Sen. Patty Murray, D-Wash., and Rep. Jeb Hensarling, R-Texas., officially announced that they would be unable to reach a deal, citing an inability to bridge "significant differences."

And if that's not convincing, here's the video:

Obama pledges to veto effort to undo automatic spending cuts

Mollie

"Only he who can see the invisible, can do the impossible."-- Frank L. Gaines

hiddennplainsight

by musiccitymollie on Thu Apr 04, 2013 at 09:31:03 AM PDT

•  Agree, FD. Below, Jay Carney admitting sequester (0+ / 0-)

'was one of the ideas put forward, yes, by the President's team.'  [i.e., Jack Lew and Rob Nabors]

A quick 'Google' brought up the video below.

Mollie