View Diary: THREE times as many Science degrees as there are Science jobs! (298 comments)

•  I think you've exceeded fair use there (2+ / 0-)
    Nulwee, cosette

with your quote

"I'm sculpting now. Landscapes mostly." ~ Yogi Bear

by eXtina on Fri Apr 05, 2013 at 06:45:55 AM PDT

•  Mighty close from my scan. (2+ / 0-)
      eXtina, Nulwee

Diarist should put a bit more of the quotes in their own words. imo.

3/16/2003 Meet The Press: Dick Cheney re: Iraq: We will be greeted as liberators.

by cosette on Fri Apr 05, 2013 at 07:27:36 AM PDT

•  Check out the other (0+ / 0-)

recced diaries today almost entirely consisting of  blockquote of just one article. (I used two!)

I will keep checking those diaries from tome to time to see when either of you reprimand them.

•  Which ones? (0+ / 0-)

Will check them out if you direct me.
          Fair Use is a big deal to the site owner.

by cosette on Fri Apr 05, 2013 at 09:19:44 AM PDT

•  Start at the top and work your way down. (0+ / 0-)

"Entire Obama Campaign Machine Reactivating to Win Back House in 2014."
            Is an entire quote from a single article.

Now go do your job, you self appointed blog police.

•  Okay. I just saw this after my comment below... (0+ / 0-)

I'm done.
              Feel free to email your diary to markos and ask him if it's Fair Use.

by cosette on Fri Apr 05, 2013 at 11:01:41 AM PDT

•  maybe you're having trouble getting a job (0+ / 0-)

because you're a dolt, not because of visas.

Just because a diary has ONLY a blockquote does not mean it exceeds fair use. Fair use is based on how MUCH you quote. See the difference?

I've never liked your diaires. The content never supports your headlines and today's is an even more egregious example of that. Even with your whole ridiculously long quote, you still don't support the statistic in the headline. And you say 'science' when all you're really talking about is IT.

I knew my hunch was right all along.

"I'm sculpting now. Landscapes mostly." ~ Yogi Bear

by eXtina on Fri Apr 05, 2013 at 06:25:30 PM PDT

•  check your kosmail. thx. n/t (1+ / 0-)
          eXtina

by cosette on Fri Apr 05, 2013 at 09:57:35 AM PDT

•  Can you call him out in the comments like you (0+ / 0-)

did here, instead of sending them private messages.

Let's not be discriminatory in punishment.

•  No. He mentioned our interchange below the change (1+ / 0-)
              eXtina

that he made to the blockquote.
              (You were right that he totally violated Fair Use by blockquoting the entire piece.}

After he did that I tipped the jar and rec'd the diary.
              Your diary frankly interested me much more as to the content and I tipped and rec'd you as soon as I read it.
              Would you like to give me the title of the other diary or are we done?

by cosette on Fri Apr 05, 2013 at 10:55:04 AM PDT

•  Okay, you did blockquote two articles. (0+ / 0-)

Fair use on both. Not that you are paying for/caring about my opinion.
          Did you change something because when i first scanned I only saw one (bunch of blockquote and scant original content)?

Apologies.

by cosette on Fri Apr 05, 2013 at 12:45:05 PM PDT

•  5 paragraphs from one, it still exceeds fair use (0+ / 0-)

the only difference is he put spaces between the paragraphs so it doesn't look like one long blockquote -so very clever

"I'm sculpting now. Landscapes mostly." ~ Yogi Bear