View Diary: Entire Obama Campaign Machine Reactivating to Win Back House in 2014. UPDATED x1 (597 comments)

•  Will you not vote? Your choice. (4+ / 0-)

I will.  I'm 57, so it would affect me, if passed in 10 years or so.

Join us on the Black Kos front porch to review news and views written from a black pov—everyone is welcome.

by TomP on Fri Apr 05, 2013 at 09:35:59 AM PDT

•  I've never yet missed a vote since (25+ / 0-)

I began voting in 1960, not even small and local...

I just tipped the 3/4 century mark last weekend and
      I can tell you, I will think long and hard about voting if this "superlative" cpi passes...(could they possibly have called it anything more insulting?) I guess it will depend on what initiatives are on the ballot seeing as how I've given up on Dem candidates.

hell Tom, you KNOW I was NEVER asking for a pony

"Show up. Pay attention. Tell the truth. And don't be attached to the results." -- Angeles Arrien

by Sybil Liberty on Fri Apr 05, 2013 at 09:57:55 AM PDT

•  I don't even know what the hell (11+ / 0-)

"superlative" is supposed to mean in the context in which it's used. Is it wrong word use? WTF? Does it mean super-duper or something? It IS a stooopid word to use next to CPI.

"He went to Harvard, not Hogwarts." ~Wanda Sykes
        No representation without taxation. Rich and don't pay? Shut up.
        Blessinz of teh Ceiling Cat be apwn yu, srsly.

by OleHippieChick on Fri Apr 05, 2013 at 10:06:17 AM PDT

•  mind you, this is from the *kids* dictionary (1+ / 0-)
          OleHippieChick

since apparently the admin considers talking-down essential for seniors, I felt it was more appropriate than the adult webster's:

Main Entry: 1su·per·la·tive
          Pronunciation: s-pr-lt-iv
          Function: adjective
          1 : of, relating to, or being the form of an adjective or adverb that shows the highest or lowest degree of comparison
          2 : better than all others : SUPREME
          - su·per·la·tive·ly adverb

by Sybil Liberty on Fri Apr 05, 2013 at 10:09:55 AM PDT

•  "Superlative" CPI is straight out of (14+ / 0-)

The only trouble with retirement is...I never get a day off!

by Mr Robert on Fri Apr 05, 2013 at 10:17:27 AM PDT

•  This whole adminstration (9+ / 0-)

is right out of Goldstein's Book from 1984. It's entitled 'The theory and Implementation of Oligarchical Collectivism'. Ignorance is Strength, War is Peace and Freedom is Slavery. We get nothing but double speak and a lot of us have learned to double think.

'. . . but by the exercise of doublethink he also satisfies himself that reality is not violated. To tell deliberate lies while genuinely believing in them, to forget any fact that has become inconvenient, and then, when it becomes necessary, to draw it back from oblivion for just so long as it is needed, to deny the existence of objective reality and all the while to take account of the reality which one denies – all this is indispensably necessary. Even in using the word doublethink it is necessary to exercise doublethink..... The prevailing mental condition must be controlled insanity.'
            What happened to reality based? This is politics that is totally disconnected from what we win or for that matter what we lose. Either way we vote we the people lose and that is not what democracy looks like. It's certainly not what the Democratic party is supposed to be about.  It's the epitome of the cart before the horse politically speaking. They go too far these Third Way'ers. Fear won't win when they implement the same nasty cruel anti-democratic global oligarchical collectivism.
            •  Any way you vote you have less after the election (2+ / 0-)
              shaharazade, Mr Robert

than you had before.  Is this representative democracy or a suicide pact?

•  I'm not suicidal (7+ / 0-)

nor do I think that this fictional narrative of electoral politics  is our only choice. People have power if they stop thinking that this is all they can get and stop being afraid of using their power. I find it to be defeatist to say well this reality that Axelrod calls 'the world as we find it' is inevitable and we have no choice. We do have power and it just seems cowardly to think that we can't change the TBTF reality that is failing both humans and the planet.. Politics are not static and people can and do create change and progress. These want to rule the world regimes always say they are inevitable their not. This is not a new struggle it's the same old global tyranny dressed up as a inevitable TBTF New World Order. It's too big and top heavy not to fail. Why should I or anyone prop it up and ratify it with my vote.

•  just think: if we give up the struggle (1+ / 0-)
                  shaharazade

and it goes all the way over the the Right, the way Germany did in the 30's, it would all the worse

we already know how american cops and soldiers act toward common citizens exercising civil rights

it's not good enough now, but it could be much much worse

as americans we don't know how much worse worse is

so please don't give the vote the pass

•  Yeah well (1+ / 0-)
                    Mr Robert

I see nothing that indicates that my voting Democratic will stave off the 'much worse'. I do vote but not necessarily Democratic these days, they offer nothing to counteract teh evil. Americans may not know what 'much worse' is but believe me voting for the Democrat's at this point will not spare them from suffering the results of what is in store for them under this non partisan NWO. Who unleashed these cops and soldiers on the world at large and here in der Homeland after we defeated the RW coup in 2008?

I am not giving up the struggle but I will not let fear of teh other evil blind me to the evil that the Democratic party now sports as the way forward. The worst is not avoided by supporting a version of the same thing with sops thrown in to make one think that it could be worse. What's the difference when it all boils down to them against us?

Why in the world is voting for the Democrat's to stop the creeping fascism that the world is being subjected too once again a viable option? Ask me the Democrat's are much more effective at selling teh much worse evil then the RW is. The Democrat's in power these days call this fascistic way forward inevitable and scare the pants off any one who sees it for what it is by crying it could be worse.

It really it couldn't be or if it could at what point is enough, enough? FDR had a great point as far as fear goes. Chamberlain's appeasement did not work as appeasement never ever works to stave off teh evil inevitable rulers of the world who descend on humans and proceed to destroy kill and impoverish for the power and the loot.

Fake victories for compromise in this case are dead cats the powers that be throw on the table to replace our basic rights hard won throughout centuries by human progress. Fear of the other could be worse wears thin when it becomes obvious that the worst is the only agenda either side offers. I will never as long as I'm alive give up the struggle. My voting Democratic at this point seems to be aiding and abetting the worst that these global destructor's have to offer.

I do not fear humans globally they are looking for relief and justice but what really scares me is the ability of the powers that be to turn the nighttime day using fear.

•  I've concluded that the best we can do (1+ / 0-)
                      shaharazade

is to vote in a way designed to perpetuate the current gridlock so that very little actually gets done. That minimizes the damage that both parties are intent on inflicting on the general population.

Voting strictly along party lines can't work in this environment. The best we can do is throw a monkey wrench in the works to slow it down.

When you have a Democratic president who's willing to throw SS recipients under the bus by implementing Chained-CPI and your Democratic senators--Feinstein & Boxer in my case--are willing to let it happen, then you have to change your strategy.

The only trouble with retirement is...I never get a day off!

by Mr Robert on Sat Apr 06, 2013 at 12:53:18 PM PDT

•  Sounds good to me... (1+ / 0-)
                        Mr Robert

I did not vote for Senator Wyden or Obama this last election as they both offer nothing I want and imo are exactly what wrong with the Dem Party.  Merkley I will hit the streets to reelect. I would become an Indie but primaries are one of the few places we actually get somewhat of a say.

•  As opposed to *our* Ministry of Truth :-) (2+ / 0-)
            OleHippieChick, Mr Robert

if necessary for years; if necessary, alone

by SouthernLiberalinMD on Fri Apr 05, 2013 at 12:04:49 PM PDT

•  It's supposed to mean super-duper (4+ / 0-)

I guess that impressed the focus group better than "chained."

if necessary for years; if necessary, alone

by SouthernLiberalinMD on Fri Apr 05, 2013 at 12:01:32 PM PDT

•  :::::::SIGH::::::: (1+ / 0-)
            SouthernLiberalinMD

I'm so disappointed. That's just idiotic. Three letters to PBO today already on SocSec/Medicare-caid/chains/superlative.

"He went to Harvard, not Hogwarts." ~Wanda Sykes
            No representation without taxation. Rich and don't pay? Shut up.
            Blessinz of teh Ceiling Cat be apwn yu, srsly.

by OleHippieChick on Fri Apr 05, 2013 at 01:38:52 PM PDT

•  Wow. Tom, I've always respected you (7+ / 0-)

But this is a seriously ugly meme.

People get offered the choice between slow SS cuts over time and drastic SS cuts right away, and you say: " Will you not vote? Your choice," as if they were being offered a free choice, or a meaningful one.

if necessary for years; if necessary, alone