View Diary: Boehner: Obama is holding entitlement cuts 'hostage for more tax hikes' (353 comments)

•  I made a specific point. (0+ / 0-)

This comment is dedicated to my mellow Adept2U and his Uncle Marcus

by mallyroyal on Fri Apr 05, 2013 at 09:30:26 AM PDT

•  So did I (2+ / 0-)
      lunachickie, divineorder

Several in fact. Mine were, though, actually specific.

"Liberty without virtue would be no blessing to us" - Benjamin Rush, 1777

by kovie on Fri Apr 05, 2013 at 09:32:55 AM PDT

•  I'll respond to this, since it was almost (0+ / 0-)

an actual reply:

as for the ACA, who cares what happens in 40 years, something Obama had no way of predicting, when in the short run it may well make things much tougher for many people who might be guaranteed insurance now---that they still can't afford?
        really?  your comment to my thesis of how this will be remembered is "who cares?"

I was giving you a chance to do better. guess you can't.

This comment is dedicated to my mellow Adept2U and his Uncle Marcus

by mallyroyal on Fri Apr 05, 2013 at 10:05:24 AM PDT

•  You responded with an impossible (1+ / 0-)
          lunachickie

to meaningfully criticize hypothetical of what might happen in decades. That is by definition as far from specific as possible.

I am not impressed by what might someday prove to be a good thing. Tell me what good has come from the ACA right now.

The weird thing is that you could have done this, but chose not to.

"Liberty without virtue would be no blessing to us" - Benjamin Rush, 1777

by kovie on Fri Apr 05, 2013 at 10:12:01 AM PDT

•  because you know the good parts of it as well as (1+ / 0-)
            WB Reeves

I do.  I'm making a totally legit comparison and you're asking me to tell you things you already know.

This comment is dedicated to my mellow Adept2U and his Uncle Marcus

by mallyroyal on Fri Apr 05, 2013 at 10:14:30 AM PDT

•  Like I said (0+ / 0-)

He's done a lot of small to medium-sized good things, which are not trivial let alone nothing. But he's failed to even try to take on the really big, systemic problems that, left unsolved, will likely undermine and negate if not reverse these smaller accomplishments. E.g. systemic financial risk, a health care system based on a for-profit model, a growing MIC, etc. Any of these are capable of destroying us someday and making these smaller gains moot.

"Liberty without virtue would be no blessing to us" - Benjamin Rush, 1777