View Diary: The Evening Blues - 4-8-13 (63 comments)

•  Hello Bluesters (5+ / 0-)

This weekend I went to the anti-drone protest in my region. Cindy Sheehan was there and spoke. She's getting her "Tour de Peace" tour rolling. Small but committed group of activists here in Central CA. Some of our folks were able to take a van down to San Diego to participate there - the belly of the drone beast (see Joe's link in the post above).

Special hello to allenjo!

If "elitist" just means "not the dumbest motherfucker in the room", I'll be an elitist! - David Rees from "Get Your War On".

by Oaktown Girl on Mon Apr 08, 2013 at 05:22:41 PM PDT

•  just came in, Oaktown, how are the classes? (3+ / 0-)

and nice to see you here!

"Who are these men who really run this land? And why do they run it with such a thoughtless hand?" David Crosby

by allenjo on Mon Apr 08, 2013 at 05:24:34 PM PDT

•  Hi allenjo! (3+ / 0-)
        allenjo, joe shikspack, joanneleon

My class starts tomorrow.
        As I told allenjo last night, I'm starting a short term computer class to update my job skills and hopefully make me more hire-able. Anyway, three days a week I'll be in class when Evening Blues posts, so my tips and recs will be a little later than usual.

by Oaktown Girl on Mon Apr 08, 2013 at 05:34:26 PM PDT

•  Are you in or near San Diego Oaktown? (3+ / 0-)

by allenjo on Mon Apr 08, 2013 at 05:36:24 PM PDT

•  Sadly, no. The closest thing that passes (3+ / 0-)
            joe shikspack, allenjo, joanneleon

for a city is Fresno. I got invited to go down to San Diego, there was van space for me, and floor space in a house. But being unemployed, even just chipping in for food and gas and other miscellaneous necessities would be a hardship (what little "disposable" i have has to go to out of pocket medical since I'm uninsured), and I didn't want folks covering my costs. Plus, we needed some folks left back here so there'd be people at the "local" event!

by Oaktown Girl on Mon Apr 08, 2013 at 05:42:48 PM PDT

•  great! (3+ / 0-)
          Oaktown Girl, allenjo, joanneleon

i hope that the classes turn out well and your new skills paired with your obvious intellect get you hired quickly.  good luck!

i'm part of the 99% - america's largest minority

by joe shikspack on Mon Apr 08, 2013 at 05:38:00 PM PDT

•  amen to that, joe (2+ / 0-)
            joe shikspack, Oaktown Girl

Do you think after naming all those post offices and taking all those holidays that congress might sometime this decade get around to dem jobs?

We need dem jobs, you jackasses! Do any of us really give a fuck about naming post offices?

Let's just give them numbers, in ranking order of how quickly they are going to be closed.

I have an idea Wednesday after the super duper budget is officially released by the super dooper pooper scoopers at the WH (aka the Wall Street House) that the managed personas, or paid shills if you will, will be all over dkos shilling the the great cut that is not a cut.

That taking out of 130 Billion dollars in spending from social security that they will be telling us all how proud we all should be of shared sacrifice, while telling us is is not a cut.

More fucking disconnect

by allenjo on Mon Apr 08, 2013 at 06:05:34 PM PDT

•  they're already here... (2+ / 0-)
              allenjo, Oaktown Girl

i've seen a bunch of comments and one diary so bad that i refuse to link to it here, in which the pooper scoopers sing the praises of the "it's not a cut, dammit you obama derangement syndrome people" budget.

i'm part of the 99% - america's largest minority

by joe shikspack on Mon Apr 08, 2013 at 06:20:36 PM PDT

•  Wednesday will be an interesting day here, (2+ / 0-)
                joe shikspack, Oaktown Girl

no doubt.

progressives they call themselves, I guess, but I think in their hearts they really know that they are fucking idiots.

You have to keep swatting them away, like flies, gnats, mosquitoes, all those annoying critters.

by allenjo on Mon Apr 08, 2013 at 06:34:53 PM PDT

•  evening oaky! (3+ / 0-)
      Oaktown Girl, joanneleon, allenjo

i'm glad that you were able to make it to the event.  from the video that i saw, it appears that the events in san diego were pretty well attended.  i'm also glad that codepink showed up on the ceo of general atomic's lawn; i think that it is long past time that the 99% made their protests more personal for the creeps that, "rule the world."

i'm part of the 99% - america's largest minority