View Diary: The Most Repulsive Right Wing Radical Who Ever Came Home for Dinner (30 comments)

•  Try getting them to admit... (1+ / 0-)
    BlackSheep1

he wasn't lily white.

Talk about exploding heads.

"Perhaps the sentiments contained in the following pages, are not YET sufficiently fashionable to procure them general favour..."

by Buckeye Nut Schell on Tue Apr 09, 2013 at 12:22:43 PM PDT

•  yeah, I know (2+ / 0-)
      WB Reeves, Buckeye Nut Schell

the Jesus photos are of a blue-eyed blond guy .... sometimes snub-nosed and freckled!

He probably looked a little more Apache, or Arab, than that.

LBJ, Lady Bird, Van Cliburn, Ike, Ann Richards, Barbara Jordan, Molly Ivins, Sully Sullenburger, Drew Brees: Texas is NO Bush League!

by BlackSheep1 on Tue Apr 09, 2013 at 01:33:36 PM PDT

•  I saw those when I was a kid (2+ / 0-)
        Buckeye Nut Schell, BlackSheep1

Of course, since I had Jewish classmates who were blonde as well as redheaded and freckled, I didn't immediately recognize the absurdity.

Nothing human is alien to me.

by WB Reeves on Tue Apr 09, 2013 at 01:40:03 PM PDT

•  see, I didn't have Jewish classmates (2+ / 0-)
          WB Reeves, Buckeye Nut Schell

or even Apache ones, in a town with a main street named Cherokee.
          The school's football team was the Indians.

I was in junior high, and back in Texas, before any of my classmates weren't WASP kids.

by BlackSheep1 on Tue Apr 09, 2013 at 01:52:41 PM PDT

•  Well it was an advantage of growing up (2+ / 0-)
            BlackSheep1, Buckeye Nut Schell

in a predominately Jewish neighborhood in Atlanta in the 1960's. We also had Greek American and Latino neighbors. A far cry from the rural farm and mill town of my parent's childhood.

OTOH, our High School football team was the "Gray Knights".

Nothing human is alien to me.

by WB Reeves on Tue Apr 09, 2013 at 02:01:05 PM PDT

•  when I moved back to Texas in 7th grade (1+ / 0-)
              Buckeye Nut Schell

ours was the Broncos, and then I moved to Denver City the next year, where the team was the Mustangs.

We were not urban folk then; my children grew up in town, and don't know how to ride horses or milk cows or even gather eggs. I am not sure whether I failed them or not, though both have at least one college degree; the older is an IT specialist and the younger studying to be a teacher.

by BlackSheep1 on Tue Apr 09, 2013 at 02:17:29 PM PDT