View Diary: We lost a great lady today. RIP (148 comments)

•  I vividly remember that day. (8+ / 0-)

I was just shy of eight, and it was incredibly exciting. I can still visualize the newspaper ad for the show - I used it to draw my own Mickey Mouse.

I can still sing some of the Monday-through Friday songs, too - the ones for Guest Star Day (Tuesday) and Anything Can Happen Day (Wednesday or Friday?) in particular.

by sidnora on Mon Apr 08, 2013 at 04:49:39 PM PDT

•  Wednesday. (1+ / 0-)
      sidnora

(That sound you are hearing is a paradigm being shifted at Warp Factor Infinity using no clutch.)

by homogenius on Mon Apr 08, 2013 at 11:24:55 PM PDT

•  Thursday, Circus Day, Friday Talent Round up (1+ / 0-)
      sidnora
      Hooray for the Circus, Hooray for the Circus, You're a Guest of the Merry Mouseketeers.

Join the Talent Roundup, round em up, bring em in, everybody's sure to win.

Follow PA Keystone Liberals on Twitter: @KeystoneLibs

by wishingwell on Tue Apr 09, 2013 at 04:29:36 AM PDT

•  Today is Tuesday, (2+ / 0-)
        wishingwell, MoDem

You know what that means,
        We're gonna have a special guest!
        So get out the broom and sweep the place clean
        Dust off the mat so the welcome can be seen!
        Roll out the carpet, strike up the band,
        And give out with a hip-hooray(mouseketeers: hip hooray!)
        Wiggle your ears like good mouseketeers...

by sidnora on Tue Apr 09, 2013 at 04:36:26 AM PDT

•  Yes! Isn't it interesting how we remember these (1+ / 0-)
          sidnora

songs so well , I even remember some of the choreography and I was only 4 and now I am in my late 50s !!  Yet, I do not remember where I put my damn keys. LOL!

Follow PA Keystone Liberals on Twitter: @KeystoneLibs

by wishingwell on Tue Apr 09, 2013 at 06:15:14 AM PDT

•  I have this theory (0+ / 0-)

that we each have only so much ROM in our heads, and once we fill it up (which we do eagerly in our youth) that's it - there isn't any more.

This explains why I can accurately sing all the verses of Desolation Row and every song the Beatles ever published, but cannot remember something I read yesterday (or where I read it). I've solved the key problem, though; I wear mine on my belt.

by sidnora on Tue Apr 09, 2013 at 06:31:39 AM PDT