View Diary: Long-Chain Narratives: How Alternate Universe Beliefs Are Born (55 comments)

•  Did I now? I guess you got me. But... (5+ / 0-)

Before I run off in defeat, I'll ask you:

What was it then? A completely false RW or WH spin job that was offered in good faith by a diarist who absolutely refused to call a cut a cut?

If that wasn't it, then what prompted this diary of yours? Was it all the other diaries stating the FACTS about how badly Obama is ROYALLY fucking this thing up?

Because he is, and no amount of faux psychoanalysis of the left by you or anyone else who refuses to acknowledge the epic fail Obama is embarking on by even offering this shit in the first place, will change that fact.

So have at your liberal bashing. It will end the way it always does.

You will have convinced no one, and insulted many.

~ Jerry Garcia

by DeadHead on Tue Apr 09, 2013 at 02:33:59 AM PDT

•  Keep dancing on those tabloid narrative strings. (1+ / 0-)
      lcj98

Yesterday it was some other fiction, and tomorrow it will be another entirely, but Oceania has always been at war with Eastasia and Emmanuel Goldstein will forever be plotting against us.  Tinfoil hats sure look purty in the moonlight.

Going faster miles an hour, with the radio on.

by Troubadour on Tue Apr 09, 2013 at 02:47:46 AM PDT

•  And yet you evade the question (5+ / 0-)

By writing me off as the crazy one. Because in your world...

Obama has not proposed chained CPI. And chained CPI is not a cut.

It's all tabloid fiction. As is all dissent. Because we don't know how tough it really is to govern, do we? We just bitch and moan about all kinds of shit that we should just swallow, because Obama knows best.

And when we get our assess handed to us again in 2014, it'll be the left's fault for complaining about the social security cuts offered by a Democratic president that Republicans happily pointed out for voters.

In your alternate universe.

~ Jerry Garcia

by DeadHead on Tue Apr 09, 2013 at 03:13:33 AM PDT

•  Well, you accused me of writing a "trial balloon" (0+ / 0-)

so yeah, you are cruising along in the batmobile, and you do seem to think having "Chained CPI" Tourette's makes the things you say more credible.  Sorry, it doesn't.  You're gibbering.  Your whole foundation of assumptions is nothing but a bubble of media narratives, and smugly prophesying Democratic defeat in 2014 is not helping you.

Going faster miles an hour, with the radio on.

by Troubadour on Tue Apr 09, 2013 at 03:59:18 AM PDT

•  Guess what? I wasn't talking about your diary (3+ / 0-)

I was talking about this one.

Did you write a diary before this one earlier today about chained CPI that was a complete trainwreck? Not that I saw.

I will concede that I assumed you had seen it, since the flames were visible from miles around, so for that I will apologize.

But for you to assume I was reading chained CPI out thin air without any prompting from what I saw to be the message of your diary, is just bizarre.

~ Jerry Garcia

by DeadHead on Tue Apr 09, 2013 at 04:33:00 AM PDT

•  This has nothing to do with Chained CPI. (2+ / 0-)
              serendipityisabitch, kayhag

And certainly nothing to do with anyone who has expressed intelligent grievances on the subject.  This is about how dishonest commentary snowballs into a web of false assumptions that empower still more dishonest commentary until people are no longer addressing facts, but simply extrapolating from fear, innuendo, and fiction.  In some cases it's so extreme that it breeds an entire class of trolls who are actually, legitimately brainwashed, and just cannot be argued with.

"I know that Obama did so-and-so (he didn't), so it's totally plausible that he really wants to now do thus-and-such (he doesn't), and if that turns out to not be the case, I'll interpret it not as my being wrong, but his sinister intentions being thwarted."

Going faster miles an hour, with the radio on.

by Troubadour on Tue Apr 09, 2013 at 04:56:39 AM PDT