View Diary: Elizabeth Warren: "Shocked" at Obama's Proposal to "Dismantle" Social Security "Inch By Inch" (329 comments)

•  Senators don't care about reelection? Ha! (6+ / 0-)

That's the only thing they care about. If Senators didn't care about reelection, this Country would be a very different place. That's some very warped logic there to square the circle on your point.

I repeatedly claimed that Obama would never propose cuts to social security. I was wrong. Then again, I also claimed, repeatedly, that Rick Perry would win the 2012 Election, and that The Supreme Court would overturn Health Care Reform.

by NoFortunateSon on Wed Apr 10, 2013 at 09:15:52 AM PDT

•  I don't recall saying none of them care. But a (7+ / 0-)

lot them are absolutely willing to risk it if promised fat consulting jobs after retirement.

Michelle and I send our thoughts to the Thatcher family and all the British people as we carry on the work to which she dedicated her life" President Obama, on the passing of Margaret Thatcher.

by JesseCW on Wed Apr 10, 2013 at 09:28:51 AM PDT

•  Democratic Profiles in Courage, 2009-2011 Ed. (2+ / 0-)
        Timothy J, kyril

These people largely have to face the voters again, Obama does not.

by NoFortunateSon on Wed Apr 10, 2013 at 09:45:36 AM PDT

•  You keep going back to this idea that they (0+ / 0-)

have to face the voters again.

They don't.

by JesseCW on Wed Apr 10, 2013 at 10:24:30 AM PDT

•  Most of them will, or... (1+ / 0-)
            kyril

Are you suggesting their will be massive retirement payout in exchange for taking an unpopular vote?

by NoFortunateSon on Wed Apr 10, 2013 at 10:31:25 AM PDT

•  Did Joe Lieberman have to face the voters again? (4+ / 0-)

Of course not - and if the anger builds to such a level as to threaten their otherwise-cushy jobs, Democratic senators will go, hat in hand, to K Street for the promise of lobbying jobs after they "retire" from Congress.

"Violence never requires translation, but it often causes deafness." - Bareesh the Hutt.

by Australian2 on Wed Apr 10, 2013 at 12:22:44 PM PDT