View Diary: Man arrested for refusing to leave his partner's side at Kansas City hospital (237 comments)

•  Yes you Hide-Rated me. (0+ / 0-)

See this comment.

Curious, what was the reason?

Things work out best for those who make the best of the way things work out.

by winsock on Mon Apr 15, 2013 at 06:51:16 AM PDT

•  If you want to be treated cool, be cool. n/t (0+ / 0-)

"Daddy, every time a bell rings, a Libertaria­n picks up his Pan Am tickets for the Libertaria­n Paradise of West Dakota!"

by unclebucky on Mon Apr 15, 2013 at 09:12:09 PM PDT

•  Huh? (0+ / 0-)

Where was I uncool?  Clearly, my point was that federal laws are inadequate to protect the rights of same-sex couples.  That is, they are basically non-existent in this regard.  Instead, we have crap like DOMA to deal with.

You still haven't said why you hide-rated me, but whatever.

Things work out best for those who make the best of the way things work out.

by winsock on Mon Apr 15, 2013 at 10:00:22 PM PDT

•  I don't know you. In fact many people don't know.. (0+ / 0-)

you.

Therefore, in the post in question, your post sounded uncharitable, at the moment and in the discussion you did not contribute.

Hey, those who DO know you rec'd you. Fine for them. However, in the moment, your post was in my mind NOT recommendable.

You're so sensitive about one [whatever you call it], that you can't explain better? So you charge back and react against it? I could have removed it with better explanation, but your subsequent communication was almost aggressive. So, that's how the chips fall.

I am not the PC police. Just a person.

But you're making demands "you still haven't said..." and I won't deal with you anymore.

Geez, there's a number of people so sensitive here... I am not malicious, but wondering why everything escalates with some folks. Not good.

Ugh. --UB.

by unclebucky on Tue Apr 16, 2013 at 07:06:52 AM PDT

•  I've posted 2,406 comments on DK (0+ / 0-)

and you're the only person who has ever hide-rated one of them.  Your HR was the escalation, not my attempt to call you on it.  Your history does not indicate that you give out HRs willy-nilly, so you must have your reasons.  But it's beyond me what that reason might me.  Peace.

Things work out best for those who make the best of the way things work out.

by winsock on Tue Apr 16, 2013 at 09:10:39 AM PDT

•  I do not "give out HR's" willy nilly. (0+ / 0-)

But I gotta tell you, you're more sensitive than you should be.

IFF you had simply addressed the issue by clarifying, thus removing my feeling that you were writing something uncharitable, in a way that was less "hey why did you [whatever you said]" I might have seen that the post was misinterpreted by me. See?

But your replies honestly seem sensitive and defensive. So I let it go.

You KNOW, I did try after a bit to remove it -- I don't care if it stayed or not. But I don't see how that is possible. After a time, it sticks??

So, ms/mister winsock, I place the escalation on you by reacting so sensitively and frankly sounding like you were yelling over a small matter.

Yeah, I already posted more than this deserves.

I don't trust your replies to be helpful, but accusatory.

Ugh. --UB.

by unclebucky on Tue Apr 16, 2013 at 10:44:15 AM PDT

•  That's what I noted above (0+ / 0-)

.... that your history does NOT suggest that you give out HR's willy-nilly.  Anyway, don't worry about it, what's done is done.

Things work out best for those who make the best of the way things work out.

by winsock on Tue Apr 16, 2013 at 11:12:28 AM PDT