View Diary: Yes, Obama Punk'd GOP AGAIN With His Budget (230 comments)

•  Those Whose Behavior Is Easily Predictable (4+ / 0-)

Are the easiest to manipulate.

This post is dedicated to myself, without whom, I'd be somebody else. Though I'd still be an asshole. My Music: [http://www.myspace.com/beetwasher]

by Beetwasher on Thu Apr 11, 2013 at 11:51:05 AM PDT

•  Spoken like a gamer (3+ / 0-)
      SilentBrook, aitchdee, Beetwasher

Are you one?

One advantage the gamer mindset has over non-gamers' is that gamers understand how the same starting condition can lead to hugely different results depending upon the flow of events. That because an event happened, that does not mean it was likely to happen. And so forth.

I too see - at least - potential for 2014 here. It can only help DEMS to have the American people push SS up to the top of the issues list. When SS is #10 on the list, it does not affect elections much. But if the nation is still motivated over SS in the 2014 campaign ... then GOP candidates are going to have to thread a lot of needles to get through the GOP primaries and in the generals.

•  I Deal With Fluid, Complex Negotiations (0+ / 0-)

and human behavioral analysis on a regular basis.

And let's just say the study of group psychosocial dynamics and psychohistory is a bit of a hobby of mine.

by Beetwasher on Fri Apr 12, 2013 at 08:00:35 AM PDT

•  Good point (0+ / 0-)

and guess who got manipulated into proposing cutting Social Security? The guy who endlessly tries to get the opposition to the table by proposing what they want and then gets rejected anyhow.

"Do what you can with what you have where you are." - Teddy Roosevelt

by Andrew C White on Thu Apr 11, 2013 at 02:16:58 PM PDT

•  Really? He Got Manipulated Into Cutting SS? (2+ / 0-)
        SilentBrook, aitchdee

When did that happen? I missed the cuts being implemented.

by Beetwasher on Thu Apr 11, 2013 at 02:23:45 PM PDT

•  You need to read better n/t (0+ / 0-)

"Do what you can with what you have where you are." - Teddy Roosevelt

by Andrew C White on Thu Apr 11, 2013 at 02:38:10 PM PDT

•  I Read Just Fine, I Changed It For A Reason (2+ / 0-)
            SilentBrook, aitchdee

I'm interested in results, not proposals.

So what, he proposed it? And the GOP will say "Obama proposed it!"

Has it been IMPLEMENTED?

You see, you seem to think that your OPINION that he WAS manipulated into doing this, is fact. It's not. It's your opinion that he was manipulated.

If the GOP decides to try to implement cuts, and say "Well, Obama propsed it!!", do you think it will make one bit of a difference?

Has that ever worked? "He proposed it first!!!"

As soon as they  try to implement it, it's theirs. Obama ain't running for anything ever again.

by Beetwasher on Thu Apr 11, 2013 at 02:42:19 PM PDT

•  If you are going to ignore what is being said (0+ / 0-)

to you then you may as well talk to yourself because that is exactly what you are doing.

If you'd like to engage in political conversation with other people then please be respectful enough to actually read what they write, listen to what they say, and engage in that conversation not the one you make up in your own mind all by yourself. That's just rude and inconsiderate.

"Do what you can with what you have where you are." - Teddy Roosevelt

by Andrew C White on Thu Apr 11, 2013 at 05:25:26 PM PDT

•  You Havent Said Anything (0+ / 0-)

I'm still waiting on an actual argument from you that's topical and all these supposes facts of yours that apparently speak for themselves.

by Beetwasher on Thu Apr 11, 2013 at 05:50:05 PM PDT