View Diary: Boston Marathon bombing: Evening summary (137 comments)

•  It sounds like somebody thought his behavior (0+ / 0-)

was suspicious, but I haven't seen what that behavior was.

It might be a matter of wrong ethnicity in the wrong place at the wrong time.
    It might be entering a number into his cell phone onl to hear a bomb go off.

All speculation at this point.

LG: You know what? You got spunk. MR: Well, Yes... LG: I hate spunk!

by dinotrac on Mon Apr 15, 2013 at 08:18:06 PM PDT

•  Behavior? Not being white. (4+ / 0-)
      wader, ChadmanFL, melfunction, Jim P

You can't make this stuff up.

by David54 on Mon Apr 15, 2013 at 08:31:33 PM PDT

•  Well, nobody can accuse you of an open-mindedness. (1+ / 0-)
        KingBolete

Better to keep stuff from spilling out, I guess.

LG: You know what? You got spunk. MR: Well, Yes... LG: I hate spunk!

by dinotrac on Mon Apr 15, 2013 at 08:45:47 PM PDT

•  I'm sorry, I've been following this and so far I (1+ / 0-)
          dinotrac

haven't seen any elaboration on what this guy may have done that is "suspicious". I'm white, and normally I wouldn't frame it this way,and I might even push back, but, you're right, that "spilled out."

You can't make this stuff up.

by David54 on Mon Apr 15, 2013 at 08:51:58 PM PDT

•  It's very possible that his suspicious behavior (1+ / 0-)
            David54

was looking like the wrong kind of person at the wrong time and place.

I'm a bit old-fashioned here. At a time like this, when we are struck and suffering, I prefer not to presume the worst of my fellow countrymen.  The worst may well be true, but I'm content to let the facts present themselves.

And -- even if there was bona fide suspicious behavior -- dropping a backpack and running off? -- I'm content to wait for the facts.  Truth is, lots of behaviors that look suspicious when viewed through the lens of the moment turn out to be completely innocent.

LG: You know what? You got spunk. MR: Well, Yes... LG: I hate spunk!

by dinotrac on Mon Apr 15, 2013 at 09:01:39 PM PDT

•  If this person proves to be culpable, I'll admit (0+ / 0-)

my mistake. If not, my instinct will be vindicated.

You can't make this stuff up.

by David54 on Mon Apr 15, 2013 at 08:54:32 PM PDT

•  Well, think about it. Why would anybody (0+ / 0-)

choose to be not-white, unless they were up to no good?

Actual Democrats is the surest, quickest. route to More Democrats