View Diary: Bombing Investigation Severely Hampered by NRA! Demand Congress ACT! (95 comments)

•  These People Scare Me More Than (28+ / 0-)

your standard issue criminal who just wants to get the money and get the hell out.  It does seem that these gun worshippers want to kill the rest of us with impunity should the spirit move them or should we happen to frighten them.

I just added a section to all of my rental leases that keeping  any firearms, weapons or ammunition on my property without my written permission for specific arms and for a specific period is grounds for eviction.  I don't want these people in my personal domicile or in any of my properties.  I don't want them near my grandchildren and I sure as hell don't want my grandchildren entering any of their homes.

Newt 2012. Sociopath, adulterer, hypocrite, Republican.

by tikkun on Wed Apr 17, 2013 at 08:12:52 PM PDT

•  Very good idea. (3+ / 0-)
      Kevskos, Siri, tikkun

I own some rental properties and I intend to amend the contracts when the leases are up.
      Thanks.

I can see Canada from my house. No, really, I can.

by DuzT on Thu Apr 18, 2013 at 04:00:33 AM PDT

•  Landlord's liability? (0+ / 0-)

The various bits of legislation being proposed or have been passed will then hold the landlord responsible if the the tenant was unarmed and could not defend himself.

•  How about the more common case of someone (3+ / 0-)
          trumpeter, DuzT, tikkun

accidentally discharging the weapon while cleaning it, playing with it, practicing quick draws with it or other discharge without a target.  Or perhaps the tenant just menaces someone with it?

If I weren't getting out of the landlord business, I would add that the same way that I put in the restriction about any lawless actions including non-prescription drug use being grounds for immediate eviction.

•  I'm pretty good at the landlord business (0+ / 0-)

because I do the hard work up front and I end up with tenants excellent neighbors in every sense of the word.  All of my current tenants thanked me for this addition to my leases.  Fancy that.  They don't want to live with gun worshippers any more than I do.

Newt 2012. Sociopath, adulterer, hypocrite, Republican.

by tikkun on Thu Apr 18, 2013 at 08:57:03 PM PDT

•  You won't win this one (0+ / 0-)

This is beyond your reach.  I don't have to allow animals, I don't have to allow guns, and an I can choose the tenants I want.  I make a point of not renting to people I don't respect.

Newt 2012. Sociopath, adulterer, hypocrite, Republican.

by tikkun on Thu Apr 18, 2013 at 08:46:56 PM PDT

•  Excellent idea, tikkun (1+ / 0-)
      tikkun

It should help you weed out RWNJs like the worst renters I ever had. I didn't mind their three children, but they also ran what I would call a day care in the house, and a lot of other things I won't even go into.

•  And they seem to frighten so friggin easily. (9+ / 0-)

A pack of people might come to my house. I NEED huge capacity magazines. Who the fuck walks around afraid of THAT?!

Cats are better than therapy, and I'm a therapist.

by Smoh on Thu Apr 18, 2013 at 04:59:40 AM PDT

•  Criminals don't shoot up schools, so if assault (5+ / 0-)
      Mathazar, IreGyre, tikkun, a2nite, Laconic Lib

weapons were banned, crazy people don't know criminal networks to get an illegal gun, how would I get an illegal gun as a normal person who does not hang with the underworld? I couldn't.

•  Check your state and local laws. (2+ / 0-)
      eparrot, prishannah

In many places, such clauses are unemforcable. In some jurisdictions, they can get you sued.

I'd advise running this past your attorney.

--Shannon

"It is better to die on your feet than to live on your knees." -- Emiliano Zapata Salazar
      "Dissent is patriotic. Blind obedience is treason." --me

by Leftie Gunner on Thu Apr 18, 2013 at 07:24:57 AM PDT

•  It doesn't state 'No Weapons" (0+ / 0-)

and i did that intentionally.  I have no problem with hunters and I really don't have a huge problem with well locked down guns.  I'm in New York State so I doubt I'll have any problems with this.  But you're right about running it by my attorney.  I want this water tight.

Newt 2012. Sociopath, adulterer, hypocrite, Republican.

by tikkun on Thu Apr 18, 2013 at 10:49:55 AM PDT

•  The NRA is a white supremacist terrorist group... (2+ / 0-)
      a2nite, tikkun

bent on the violent overthrow of legitimate government and its replacement with a fascist junta. Its intention is to create as much violence and chaos as possible in order to create a new civil war.
      The way to break the back of the NRA is to get masses of non-white Americans to publicly join the NRA. If millions of black and brown people to join the NRA, it will immediately start demanding all manner of "gun control" legislation.
      Recall that the NRA back in the day of the real Black Panthers supported background checks.

"If violence is wrong in America, violence is wrong abroad. If it is wrong to be violent defending black women and black children and black babies and black men, then it is wrong for America to draft us, and make us violent abroad in defense of her. And if it is right for America to draft us, and teach us how to be violent in defense of her, then it is right for you and me to do whatever is necessary to defend our own people right here in this country."
      Detroit Red