View Diary: Line of credit. Line of lies. (87 comments)

•  Congratulations! (3+ / 0-)
    karmsy, antifa, northsylvania

That kind of courage needs to be applauded!  I applaud you!  Thank you for sharing that story and setting an example for the community.  You are a true leader.

being mindful and keepin' it real

by Raggedy Ann on Fri Apr 19, 2013 at 05:56:48 AM PDT

•  Courage? Where's the courage involved? (4+ / 0-)

What risk was taken?  A poor schmuck telemarketer got to listen to some speil spouted off by some lunatic (which is exactly how she saw this), and the time of two people was totally wasted.  No courage involved.

by gustynpip on Fri Apr 19, 2013 at 06:18:38 AM PDT

•  I have compassion for you. (0+ / 0-)

You seem angry.  Calm down.  Disengage if you need to.  Let's breathe together - in comes the love, out goes the anger.  Feel better?  I hope so.

being mindful and keepin' it real

by Raggedy Ann on Fri Apr 19, 2013 at 06:48:25 AM PDT

•  Reality? Are you there? (0+ / 0-)

I'm voicing an opinion that ranting at a poor schmuck trying to put food on the table is not an act of courage.  This diary, which you're applauding, is a tale of ranting at the poor schmuck for 15 minutes.  And you think I'm the one that's angry?  Bizarre.  Truly bizarre.

by gustynpip on Fri Apr 19, 2013 at 08:05:40 AM PDT

•  Overreact much? (2+ / 0-)
            Raggedy Ann, northsylvania

Or are you in telemarketing and have had a similar experience?

What's bizarre is how offended you seem to be over a handful of minutes lost to someone that assists banks in their efforts to fleece people. If that's how they make their living, fine. We all make personal compromises.

If the bank is content to make unsolicited calls, many of which in my experience border on harassment themselves, then they're going to have to live with someone voicing their frustration once in a while. The agent could have dropped the call at any time. Instead they tried to continue marketing MORE "services."

To reiterate - you're less concerned about this criminal bank than you are about this righteous rant?

Slap happy is a platform.

by averageyoungman on Fri Apr 19, 2013 at 08:26:25 AM PDT

I think of myself as an average60yearoldwoman!  I don't know why he's so offended, either.  Sigh, hope he calms down.

being mindful and keepin' it real

by Raggedy Ann on Fri Apr 19, 2013 at 08:36:46 AM PDT

•  She. I'm not offended. I just think the person (0+ / 0-)

was unnecessarily nasty and that you're thinking such nastiness is "courage" is a much deeper problem than my feeling badly for some poor woman who's trying to earn an honest but unlivable wage.  But please take heart over someone else failing to understand why another person would feel badly over someone else being abused for absolutely no reason.

by gustynpip on Fri Apr 19, 2013 at 08:41:39 AM PDT

•  What she was offering was NOT honest . . . (3+ / 0-)

it was a bum's rush to get a hook into my small business. "So we can shoot that credit card right out to you . . ."

I only asked questions.

"The rule of the wise must be absolute . . . rulers ought not to be responsible to the unwise subjects." ~ Professor Leo Strauss

by antifa on Fri Apr 19, 2013 at 08:56:57 AM PDT

•  Oh pooh. (2+ / 0-)
                  antifa, Raggedy Ann

I used to wander into Mickey D's because my kid insisted on the happy meal and then insisted he have the McNuggets instead of the burger because they were parrotburgers. We would get into long arguments about how a cowburger imported from the ex-rainforests of Brazil was closer to a dead parrot than a chicken was. He was stubborn, I was stubborn, the customers were uneasy, the servers were appalled. We weren't even speaking above conversational level either...that would be rude.
                  Wasn't a couple of months before McDonalds quit buying Brazilian beef and made a point of saying so. Change starts somewhere.

You..ought to be out raising hell. This is the fighting age. Put on your fighting clothes. -Mother Jones

by northsylvania on Fri Apr 19, 2013 at 10:27:56 AM PDT

•  here's what you seem to miss (2+ / 0-)
                  antifa, Raggedy Ann

"The agent could have dropped the call at any time. Instead they tried to continue marketing MORE "services."

This the key point.

I've worked phones before, and if the caller had escalated to that level, I would've dropped the call.

Save your poutrage for someone or something worthwhile.

The "extreme wing" of the Democratic Party is the wing that is hell-bent on protecting the banks and credit card companies. ~ Kos

by ozsea1 on Fri Apr 19, 2013 at 12:01:43 PM PDT

•  Still not breathing, darlin' (0+ / 0-)

Let's do it together
            Breathe in love
            Breathe out hate

there you go - calm down now.

PS. I'm disengaging because I'm full of love and don't want that black hate stuff all over me.  Have a lovely day.

being mindful and keepin' it real

by Raggedy Ann on Fri Apr 19, 2013 at 08:34:26 AM PDT

•  Is that really necessary? Just because you (1+ / 0-)
          martydd

disagree with gustynpip is no reason to be rude to him.

•  Breathe, darlin', breathe. (0+ / 0-)

Such anger on this site.  Such a shame.
            Breathe in love
            Breathe out hate

being mindful and keepin' it real

by Raggedy Ann on Fri Apr 19, 2013 at 08:33:19 AM PDT

•  You are being condescending and unpleasant, (0+ / 0-)

presumably because you can't see my face and I'm nothing but a bunch of words on the screen to you. Would you say something like this to someone in real life? Who was over the age of five?