View Diary: Free Republic ~ OMG (79 comments)

•  I know it is very wrong of me to feel this way, (3+ / 0-)
    noweasels, Emerson, llbear

but I really, really want the perpetrators to be members of a right wing tea party splinter group.

Of course, if that were to be the case, they would then be called lone wolves by the very same Freepers you've quoted above.

We must not confuse dissent with disloyalty - Edward R. Murrow

by Susan Grigsby on Thu Apr 18, 2013 at 08:11:48 PM PDT

•  Oh, and thanks for going over there so we didn't (4+ / 0-)
      noweasels, doraphasia, jan4insight, llbear

have to.

We must not confuse dissent with disloyalty - Edward R. Murrow

by Susan Grigsby on Thu Apr 18, 2013 at 08:12:49 PM PDT

•  Honestly wanting (3+ / 0-)
      Susan from 29, doraphasia, llbear

is very different from openly speculating, with evidence (to the extent there is much yet) to the contrary . . . I think, anyway.  And as to the "lone wolves" -- yes, that is what they would say.

I think we all agree, though, that whoever they are, we want them caught and appropriately prosecuted and convicted and imprisoned.

Be sure you put your feet in the right place; then stand firm. ~ Abraham Lincoln

by noweasels on Thu Apr 18, 2013 at 08:15:57 PM PDT

•  I don't understand your hopes, but appreciate (3+ / 0-)
      noweasels, Susan from 29, llbear

You stating them.

“liberals are the people who think that cruelty is the worst thing that we do” --Richard Rorty Also, I moved from NYC, so my username is inaccurate.

by jeff in nyc on Thu Apr 18, 2013 at 08:36:14 PM PDT

•  I would rather that one of the right wing groups, (3+ / 0-)
        jeff in nyc, doraphasia, llbear

perhaps even one listed by DHS as a terrorist group before Napolitano had to withdraw the report back in 09, be found to be the bombers instead of a group of Mid-Eastern jihadists that the Freepers are salivating over.

I am afraid of a new wave of anti-Muslim hate sweeping the country should they be the perpetrators. I am afraid that people will once again forget that Islam is a religion of peace, and that terrorist are not believers of any faith but terror.

We must not confuse dissent with disloyalty - Edward R. Murrow

by Susan Grigsby on Thu Apr 18, 2013 at 09:18:15 PM PDT

•  Not sure why Islam is particularly the (1+ / 0-)
          llbear

religion of peace, but we just need to find the right people, no matter their motivation. I certainly would agree to a different concept, which is that it would be especially bad for Muslim Americans if this were to be an Islamic attack--they've been nurturing their outreach to other Americans over the last decade and this could really hurt the progress that has been made and could turn out anti-Islamic violence, unfortunately.

by jeff in nyc on Thu Apr 18, 2013 at 09:28:18 PM PDT