View Diary: The traditional media's shoddy reporting on the Keystone XL pipeline is no surprise (112 comments)

•  I can see the future. (0+ / 0-)

1. The Obama administration will look at all available data and will allow the KXL Pipeline to be built.

2. The majority of progressive bloggers (who write about Chained CPI and Background Checks on the same page) will link to someone who links to someone who links to someone pulling ridiculous, illogical-on-their-face carbon numbers out of their ass and then linking to McKibben calling Obama an "Oil Baron" like this is the motherfucking 1800s.

See if I'm right.

It rubs the loofah on its skin or else it gets the falafel again.

by Fishgrease on Sun Apr 21, 2013 at 06:30:51 PM PDT

•  i don't know which bloggers you read at DK (12+ / 0-)

but i'd suggest you start reading other diaries because your reading list is quite skewed if this is what you see.

We have a lot of damn good bloggers here, who link to credible sources or do original analysis.

In fact, there was one who wrote about the gulf oil spill and brought a lot of insight about boomers from his real life background and experience.

"It is in the shelter of each other that people live." Irish Proverb

by Patriot Daily News Clearinghouse on Sun Apr 21, 2013 at 06:44:32 PM PDT

•  Let's see some examples (3+ / 0-)
      Sarenth, unfangus, orlbucfan

We'll need a significant number of examples to support your broadbrush there too of how "The majority of progressive bloggers (who write about Chained CPI and Background Checks on the same page) will link to someone who links to someone who links to someone pulling ridiculous".

Prove it or retract it. I'll tell you what's ridiculous -- your claims and your tough guy temper tantrum in this diary all over the comment thread, starting at the top.

Wow, I've lost a lot of respect for you lately.  What's the problem?  Do you have an interest in the tar sands project of the pipeline or is this just on principle, or what is it? It seems totally out of character for you.  I used to be one of your biggest fans.

"Justice is a commodity"

by joanneleon on Sun Apr 21, 2013 at 08:17:13 PM PDT

•  Whoa (1+ / 0-)
        Tony Situ
        It is just on principle, but this is the last time I'll reply to you regarding anything. I don't want or need fans. You implying that I stand to gain by the construction of this pipeline is an insult and you KNOW it is an insult - a personal insult. I can't hide-rate you for that but someone should.

Don't agree with me on specific points - fine. Don't care for me - fine. But question my motives?

Jesus!

It rubs the loofah on its skin or else it gets the falafel again.

by Fishgrease on Sun Apr 21, 2013 at 10:00:05 PM PDT

•  I note that (1+ / 0-)
          unfangus

you still have not proven that bogus accusation:

Show us how the "majority of progressive bloggers" do what you are accusing, or retract that insulting false accusation.  You've offered nothing to back up what you are saying.

It's also pretty hypocritical to see you so appalled and complaining about personal insults after what you've done in these KXL diaries today and given that you are no shrinking violet, nor do you hesitate to throw insults yourself, in general.

And a question about interests is not an accusation of shilling. Everyone has interests, not all of them financial, in various issues, and can result in more emphatic or emotional, even irrational at times, comments on those topics and out of character behavior.  If I was going to accuse you of shilling I would have, you know, accused you of shilling.   Having an interest in a topic is different than shilling for a topic.  Having an interest does not necessarily mean having something to gain from it either.

I have an interest in the outsourcing of jobs in the IT and engineering field and I am emphatic on that topic, and the issue of corporations (and the politicians they give money to) lying about there not being enough Americans who are skilled in the engineering and IT fields.  This affects me personally but in recent years it has not affected me financially. It still affects my interests though and the interests of colleagues and former coworkers.  Therefore my comments on the topic tend to be emotional, and for that reason, I even avoid some diaries about the subject (but not all).

"Justice is a commodity"

by joanneleon on Mon Apr 22, 2013 at 05:00:53 AM PDT

•  Just this: (0+ / 0-)

Are you really so simple as to believe that since you once agreed with me, and now you do not, that there's something wrong with ME?

That if you disagree with me on something I know a lot about and you know very little about, that I must have some kind of suspicious motives?

I'm not FOR the KXL Pipeline. Anyone who has actually read what I've written and understood it knows that. I'm against either side in this debate using phony numbers - not having their facts straight. When I see bad information, I call it that.

This pipeline will probably be approved because everyone with any say in the approval process is looking at a different set of data than are being spread by the anti-KXL crowd.

Once that happens, President Obama is going to be criticized using those same crap numbers by people who don't know anything about the actual pipeline or ANY pipeline for that matter. I'm not going to just sit back and watch that happen without calling bullshit.

Respect? You've lost RESPECT for me?

Good.

It rubs the loofah on its skin or else it gets the falafel again.

by Fishgrease on Tue Apr 23, 2013 at 04:54:19 PM PDT

•  Didn't you go away for a while? (0+ / 0-)

Your arguments are pretty thin. Reconsider your decision to return please. Worrying about "carbon numbers" at this point is beyond the point of ridiculous.