View Diary: As bomb suspect manhunt continues, police briefing expected (309 comments)

•  Boston PD and FBI also searching (4+ / 0-)

for one, maybe two people they suspect of being accomplices in the bombing.  They've already stopped and searched a commuter train looking for one suspected accomplice but allowed the train to continue after searching it.

Makes you wonder how long Boston will remain on lockdown.

"In this world of sin and sorrow there is always something to be thankful for; as for me, I rejoice that I am not a Republican." - H. L. Mencken

by SueDe on Fri Apr 19, 2013 at 09:05:47 AM PDT

•  Looking for suspects or witnesses? (2+ / 0-)
      DeathDlr73, wishingwell

I would imagine that the PD are trying hard to find anyone who could help locate the white hat guy, even if it meant searching trains.

"The Obama Administration has been an unmitigated disaster" - Osama Bin Laden

by Explorer8939 on Fri Apr 19, 2013 at 09:08:34 AM PDT

•  reporters (3+ / 0-)
        DeathDlr73, wishingwell, blueoasis

are saying "accomplices."

•  The uncle spoke of a 29 year old chinese girl (1+ / 0-)
          blueoasis

Haven't heard anything official about that angle.

"I just wanted to bring down your grim facade and for once, let you see the world as I see it. Giggling in a corner, and bleeding; but you've denied me even that." - The Joker to Batman, Arkham Asylum.

by DeathDlr73 on Fri Apr 19, 2013 at 09:14:27 AM PDT

•  He was talking about the victims. (1+ / 0-)
            DeathDlr73

There was a 29-year-old American woman, and a Chinese graduate student.

"The Democrats are the lesser evil and that has to count for something. Good and evil aren't binary states. All of us are both good and evil. Being less evil is the trajectory of morality." --SC

by tb92 on Fri Apr 19, 2013 at 09:42:21 AM PDT

•  I may have misunderstood him (1+ / 0-)
              tb92

Trying to follow while keeping 2 year old away from the news.

by DeathDlr73 on Fri Apr 19, 2013 at 09:43:53 AM PDT

•  I totally understand. (0+ / 0-)

My kids were nine and almost two on 9/11. I didn't want them to see a thing, but couldn't pull myself away. It was a bizarre juggling act.

by tb92 on Fri Apr 19, 2013 at 12:14:24 PM PDT

•  They're being called "potential accomplices." (2+ / 0-)
        DeathDlr73, blueoasis

They already know where the white hat guy is - or think they do.  They've surrounded the house they think he's holed up in.

by SueDe on Fri Apr 19, 2013 at 09:21:36 AM PDT

•  I think they are also searching for bombs (3+ / 0-)
      a gilas girl, blueoasis, SueDe

that might have been left in different locations as that was talked about on MSNBC.  It is possible they are tracking down friends of these guys to be sure there are not fellow conspirators out there who might be armed and dangerous and planting and making bombs.

I think they want to make sure that once the suspect is captured, that they leave no loose ends and that there are not others out there who might continue with the bombing or going on a shooting rampage or whatever.

Follow PA Keystone Liberals on Twitter: @KeystoneLibs