View Diary: Questions I have about the Tsarnaevs (219 comments)

•  Conspiracy theory. (0+ / 0-)

Your incredibly tacky suggestions about what's happening behind this plot.

We have just enough religion to make us hate, but not enough to make us love one another. -- Jonathan Swift

by raptavio on Sat Apr 20, 2013 at 03:00:48 PM PDT

•  Don't read them then (1+ / 0-)
      Nattiq

if you opine they are tacky QUESTIONS (not theory)

When we remember we are all mad, the mysteries disappear and life stands explained.-Mark Twain

by Havoth on Sat Apr 20, 2013 at 03:14:16 PM PDT

•  Glenn Beck (0+ / 0-)

hides behind "questions" too.

by raptavio on Sat Apr 20, 2013 at 03:20:23 PM PDT

•  Well I don't have a blackboard or chalk at the (2+ / 0-)
          gfv6800, LadyMiseryAli

moment - LOL! Yes, I realize that idiots like Glenn Beck do hide behind questions, but he usually also has some video or another produced to back up his not-so-reasonable theories/answers to his own questions. And shows you a gold ad. Or so I'm told by Jon Stewart, Bill Maher and the other guys I watch (DKOS/Meteor Blades/Hunter). Cause I do not watch Glenn Beck.

I am (or was) only asking people of the lefty bent (whom I identify with usually) if they found any of this odd. So, STILL not a theory. In general, I'm more of a pragmatic but I also believe in the general good goals of the government and cops and so forth. So my asking any questions, does not relate to any carved-in-stone opinions about any of this matter.

by Havoth on Sat Apr 20, 2013 at 03:28:23 PM PDT

•  what do YOU hide behind, besides bullying? (1+ / 0-)
          Havoth

I am a leaf on the wind - i hover, twirl, float,
          Weightless, frictionless, I fly

by chmood on Sun Apr 21, 2013 at 09:09:20 AM PDT

•  Be specific. 'Tacky' is not CT (7+ / 0-)
      Your incredibly tacky suggestions about what's happening behind this plot.
      That isn't even a parsable sentence.
      •  Seriously? (4+ / 0-)
        emelyn, Radiowalla, auapplemac, indie17

"8. How is it they were carrying around all that ammo/guns/ieds/bombs/etc to have it conveniently show up in the Mercedes they "hi-jacked""

He's suggesting planted evidence -- the "conveniently" being a big fucking hint.

by raptavio on Sat Apr 20, 2013 at 03:22:21 PM PDT

•  That isn't enough. (5+ / 0-)

That stuff was probably nearby in another vehicle. The diarist's main point is that it is possible that the kid was a dupe. That's speculation rather than CT and in the comments the diarist is not doubling down.

I look for reasons not to HR most of the time. Be gentle with new Kogs.

•  I always (2+ / 0-)
            emelyn, Radiowalla

have a low tolerance for implications of conspiracy -- of Dzokhar being a "dupe", to use the diarist's term.

I make no apologies for that.

by raptavio on Sat Apr 20, 2013 at 03:34:21 PM PDT

•  I believe that the diarist is wrong on this point. (1+ / 0-)
              auapplemac

That doesn't make the diarist a troll.

Who knows the dynamics in that family? The dead one spent time in the old CCCP last year.

Dropping donuts in the tip jar of a newer user is a vote to ban. Take a look at the history . . .

•  Dupe means implied conspiracy theory? Hmmm (0+ / 0-)

I'll have to think real hard about that. I was thinking more along the lines of sibling fidelity actually.

by Havoth on Sat Apr 20, 2013 at 05:05:42 PM PDT

•  OK, fair enough. (3+ / 0-)
                Havoth, Smoh, Radiowalla

It's still the "conveniently" placed explosives in the car that crossed the line most egregiously.

by raptavio on Sat Apr 20, 2013 at 05:28:28 PM PDT

•  At the time I wrote that... (0+ / 0-)

The only parts of the story I had read or seen was they shot  a cop at MIT, carjacked a Mercedes, and while eluding the cops on a merry chase, managed to set the owner of the car free (or the CJ victim narrowly escaped, depending on the version of that you find) at a gas station that Dhzokar shopped at, and then voila! all the gear they needed to start a war was with them. At the time I wrote it, only CNN said anything about them stopping (in the middle of a police chase, mind you, in a car that was lo-jacked with GPS) and transferring the gear into the car and then marching off to Watertown for a gun & IED battle that resulted in Suspect #2's death. Some of the timing doesn't fit well.

ALL of their actions from about 10:30 p.m. Thursday night positively screams guilty to me, but everyone is entitled to a defense. And mostly I think Dhzokar was possibly unaware that he'd helped his brother commit the bombing until that point, but then chose to stick by his brother from that point on.

I'm still kinda fuzzy on how they got geared up for the not one, but two shootouts. The 'transfer' of the gear mentioned on CNN and copied to multiple sites, doesn't say where they stopped to gear up. Well if there was a lo-jack on the Mercedes SUV, wouldn't they know by now? After all, the cops said they were following them with it. And then later the Younger Tsarnaev had left the jacked car behind and they were looking for a green Honda Civic. So I was  wondered where the official, governmental-sourced timeline was, ya know, from the officials, rather than any media source.

I just want to make sure I'm applauding the Uniformed Gun Clubs in the right places. ;-) Didn't mean to offend you. I'm still not a CT. Still just asking if anyone else saw this. You gotta link?

by Havoth on Sat Apr 20, 2013 at 05:45:45 PM PDT

•  A few things for you. (3+ / 0-)

I think you should be patient.  At the time you write all of this it hasn't been 24 hours since they caught Johar.

Things were very confusing on Thursday night.  I watched local Boston news live the entire night.

The legal authorities are much more concerned about carefully building their legal case and preserving evidence at this point than they are about ensuring that CNN is giving out correct info.

Now, to a few specific points.

The carjack victim was kept in the car for 30 minutes to an hour, as reported that night.  That's plentfy of time for the suspects to perform a variety of nefarious activities.

The suspects had two cars on the move when the police first intercepted them.  The first time I saw this reported was today.  Police are explaining these details now.

I realize you are trying to crowdsource, but my advice is to do a little more research on your own, and be more careful about word choices and the thoughts that go with those choices.     The 'conveniently' word is especially annoying.

•  Looking at this map (1+ / 0-)
                      middleagedhousewife

might help give you a sense of how much data there is to sort through before an entirely accurate account can be provided, also.

And this is all just from Thursday night.

•  Yes thank you. Most of that info came up after (1+ / 0-)
                      melo

I wrote it. A secondary point I'm trying make is the nefarious coverage, aside from the possibility the younger brother may have been duped into some of this. His actions afterwards do not exculpate him at all. Older bro got what he deserved IMHO.

I do worry about the coverage because lawmakers watch this stuff too, while it's still fresh and new and exciting. And since they don't apparently read laws before voting on them (see latest gunlaw fail) I worry that they base their decisions on what they remember most from TV coverage. Senators are calling out nonsense based on nonsense, not protection of the Constitution or the People. WE know who they are.

To fight it, I have to find the best points to rally around, and this is only a SMALL part of my research. I do research my own questions. I take everything with much salt. And you guys have been terrific. All of you.

by Havoth on Sun Apr 21, 2013 at 11:08:15 AM PDT

•  I had the same question, but figured (1+ / 0-)
                    Havoth

they probably had back packs or a duffle bag with them.  The first reporting said they tossed grenades and possibly one more pressure cooker out the window of the car jacked car as the police confronted them.

The "arsenal" described was probably lots of bullets for whatever guns they had on them, the grenades and the one or two homemade bombs.  All of that would fit into 2 back packs or duffle bags.

I thought it was weird that they had their arsenal in the car jacked car, too, until I realized that, being on the run, they were lugging basically pretty portable stuff.  They had it on them when they stole the car - wouldn't necessarily have had to transfer or load up from anywhere.

If they had no food or water with them, it would make sense for them to stop at the 7-11 and/or the gas station, to get some stuff - they may not have robbed the 7-11 at all, but panicked if they thought they had been recognized, took off, and car jacked the other car at the gas station in case somebody had seen their car at the 7-11.  They appear on some convenience store's video - whether it's the 7-11 or the gas station, I haven't heard any definitive answer on which one yet.

"Focusing your life solely on making a buck shows a certain poverty of ambition. It asks too little of yourself. Because it's only when you hitch your wagon to something larger than yourself that you realize your true potential." - Barack Obama

by Ricochet67 on Sat Apr 20, 2013 at 07:20:59 PM PDT

•  Profile says she joined in September and is a (0+ / 0-)

trusted user, for whatever that's worth.

Cats are better than therapy, and I'm a therapist.

by Smoh on Sat Apr 20, 2013 at 06:01:34 PM PDT