View Diary: Things I don't understand (103 comments)

•  Questions are always good. (7+ / 0-)

There seems to be a lot of anger about questioning authority, however, across the internet.

People aren't comfortable with it. They were badly frightened and are relieved it is over. That is enough for them.

Denial is a drug.

by Pluto on Sat Apr 20, 2013 at 06:13:31 PM PDT

•  What do you think about this claim by the diarist? (3+ / 0-)
      Pluto, grover, WakeUpNeo
      Dzhokhar's twitter feed reads of your average, American teenage boy - talking in hip-hoppy youthspeak, lighthearted and benign. Obviously very connected to a local clique of average American friends who speak of him universally as a popular, smart kid. He decided to bomb spectators at a race in the name of Allah because his brother wanted to? And then went back to school to go to class and party with his friends?

Proud to be a Truth Vigilante

by Calvino Partigiani on Sat Apr 20, 2013 at 06:18:37 PM PDT

•  About the day after the bombing: (7+ / 0-)

From NPR:

Students at UMass Dartmouth say they saw the suspect at a party Wednesday night, where they recalled him being "relaxed," reports The Boston Globe.

Friends and former classmates tell NPR that they can't recall Dzhokhar expressing any political views.

Dzhokhar Tsarnaev had apparently gone about his normal routine Wednesday, school officials tell The Globe: "working out at the gym, then sleeping in his single-unit room at the Pine Dale Hall dorm that night, while law enforcement officials were frantically scanning photos and video trying to identify him and his brother."

I'm not sure what to think.

Denial is a drug.

by Pluto on Sat Apr 20, 2013 at 06:42:45 PM PDT

•  Yeah, I've seen a post with similar questions (5+ / 0-)

called 'CT' when, near as I can tell, it's the mere act of asking questions that earns the CT sobriquet. Or maybe it's the 'tone' with which the questions are perceived to be asked. But I agree with you that 'Questions are always good.'

•  I'm the other poster (1+ / 0-)
        hdbooth

with many arguing my CT status...

My Questions are not worded as well as this diarist's are. But same gist.

When we remember we are all mad, the mysteries disappear and life stands explained.-Mark Twain

by Havoth on Sat Apr 20, 2013 at 06:49:09 PM PDT

•  I really don't think you deserved the invective on (1+ / 0-)
          Havoth

that thread. But I wasn't aware of DKos' bias against CT either. Either way, I did not feel your questions were CT per se and I thought and think some of them need to be asked.

I believe one should always 'Follow the money.' And I'd like to know about the finances of the two brothers and how they come to be driving such nice cars (seeing as I'm driving a '93 Nissan beater).

•  thanks. (0+ / 0-)

2002 Honda myself, so I get your question. I always wonder how these folks have nice cars and no job to speak of.

by Havoth on Sat Apr 20, 2013 at 07:11:16 PM PDT

•  Dad is a car mechanic. (2+ / 0-)
            Pluto, Villanova Rhodes

Often, clients will mention that they're thinking of selling their car to their mechanic. The mechanic knows what cars have been well cared for, and can mention it to anyone he knows looking for another car. But he also may be looking for himself, or his kids.

The customer gives him a good deal, knowing that the courtesy will be repaid over the long haul.

Sometimes, it's as simple as that.

© grover

by grover on Sat Apr 20, 2013 at 09:46:19 PM PDT

•  I don't mind questions at all. (4+ / 0-)

I am bothered by questions that are asked in a way that presupposes a nefarious cover-up.

This diary is fine. I think this diarist has some facts confused. But if it clears up confusion, all the better.

© grover

by grover on Sat Apr 20, 2013 at 09:50:41 PM PDT

•  Me neither. (3+ / 0-)
        Pluto, Havoth, Villanova Rhodes

For example, a lot of things about the fertilizer explosion reporting make absolutely no sense. Asking WTFIGO, per se, is healthy.

Freedom isn't free. Patriots pay taxes.

by Dogs are fuzzy on Sat Apr 20, 2013 at 11:38:34 PM PDT

•  I told someone the other night, (3+ / 0-)
          Pluto, Havoth, Villanova Rhodes

The plant fire makes me itchy.

Too many questions there. I'm waiting for the official Cause and Origin report.

© grover