View Diary: To my gun owning neighbor and to every gun enthusiast in the United States of America - (333 comments)

•  Now.. about Registering Pressure Cookers... (0+ / 0-)

that just MAY be a good idea for a while. Just sayin.

Figures don't lie, but liars do figure-Mark Twain

by OregonOak on Sun Apr 21, 2013 at 03:37:51 PM PDT

•  If 20 year old male buys a number of pressure (5+ / 0-)

cookers, it should set off alarm bells.

Guns should be registered. Nobody wants your freaking gun, but you should have to prove it is still in your possession and control.

Gun toters misplace their guns all the time. Another oopsie of there gun responsibility code, which isn't a code or even a rule. Because there is always the oopsie loop hole that relives them of any responsibility and assures their continued ability to posses a gun when they have demonstrated their inability to control a gun. All they have to do is run to the store.

Like our pal James Yeager, oopsie, reset, gun license back, gun school back. And that youtube about starting to kill people, oopsie. A gun reset of sorts. Like a video game.

guns are fun v. hey buddy, watch what you are doing -- which side are you on?

by 88kathy on Sun Apr 21, 2013 at 04:32:57 PM PDT

•  What agency? (2+ / 0-)
        FrankRose, OldSoldier99

What agency would you like to have the authority to monitor everyone's transactions so that they can decide that these 20 year old males are setting off alarms?  Also please list which civic rights you also don't care being trampled in the process.

•  Registries don't trample civic rights, be they the (3+ / 0-)
          caul, PsychoSavannah, The Marti

right to vote or to own a gun.

•  Good grief. (1+ / 0-)
          caul

guns are fun v. hey buddy, watch what you are doing -- which side are you on?

by 88kathy on Sun Apr 21, 2013 at 08:49:17 PM PDT

•  kathy88 (0+ / 0-)

didn't say anything about registering pressure cookers.  Way to misinterpret what someone says.

That said, we can train people in retail to spot suspicious purchases--because, and here's the shocker--we already do!  When I was fifteen I stopped at a Wal-Mart at 8pm-ish on a weeknight.  My dad didn't want to go inside so I went in by myself because I just needed a few cans of auto primer for my model kits I build (that I still do).  A teenager unescorted buying several cans of aerosol paint?  Yeah, they stopped me at the register and asked me some questions, wanted to see my ID (I had a driver's permit at the time).  Eventually they let me make my purchase and go.  But that doesn't require a registry to do what they did, just some training on what to watch for.  Of course, this wouldn't stop me from driving to three or four Wal-Marts to buy a few cans of paint at each.  But that would require a registry, heaven forbid we did that!

Oh wait... we do... when you try to buy any over the counter cold medicine that is a common ingredient in methamphetamines.  You even have to present an ID to track how much you buy... oh the horror!  Meth cookers should be able to buy cold medicine without onerous regulation and interference, that's for sure.

"I don't want a unicorn. I want a fucking pegasus. And I want it to carry a flaming sword." -mahakali overdrive

by Silvia Nightshade on Mon Apr 22, 2013 at 07:32:01 AM PDT

•  Freaking use the FBI tip line. I can't stop (0+ / 0-)

thinking what lazy whining your comment sounds like.

guns are fun v. hey buddy, watch what you are doing -- which side are you on?

by 88kathy on Mon Apr 22, 2013 at 11:49:47 AM PDT

•  Are you as comfortable with the thought (3+ / 0-)

of some "agency" noting what books you read, check out of the library or web sites you visit?

I see a very beautiful planet that seems very inviting and peaceful. Unfortunately, it is not.…We're better than this. We must do better. Cmdr Scott Kelley

by wretchedhive on Mon Apr 22, 2013 at 07:04:09 AM PDT

• Recommended (143)
  • Community (68)
  • Media (33)
  • Elections (33)
  • Trans-Pacific Partnership (31)
  • 2016 (29)
  • Republicans (22)
  • Labor (21)
  • Marriage Equality (19)
  • Economy (19)
  • Jeb Bush (18)
  • Josh Duggar (18)
  • Click here for the mobile view of the site