View Diary: Cheers and Jeers: Tuesday (302 comments)

•  I did! (12+ / 0-)

The absolute best thing I ever did. No diary, as it was before dkos existed--in 1993.

Repeat this over & over & over:

I just reminded myself that there was nothing else I was going to do that day that was better for me, or that was more fun. And it was 2 hrs that no one asked for anything from me. Me time. ME TIME!!
    What else do you do during your day for yourself, and only for you?

The better I know people, the more I like my dog.

by Thinking Fella on Tue Apr 23, 2013 at 07:45:48 AM PDT

•  My oldest brother did the same thing (6+ / 0-)

but rode Seattle to Atlanta. Sometime around '77, I think,
      Lucky for you that bike technology had come so far by '93. I think his 10-speed Peugeot had a leather seat...

"On a normal dog day, I can sit still for hours on end with no effort." enzo, The Art of Racing in the Rain

by rebereads on Tue Apr 23, 2013 at 10:09:33 AM PDT

•  My seat was leather- (2+ / 0-)
        mayim, diggerspop

a Brooks Saddle. They're the ONLY saddle to sit on for 6 or 8 hrs! It is just a piece of leather over rails, and you 'mold' it to precisely the shape of your 'sit bones' by riding on it. It is like sitting on a railroad spike for the first 250 miles, then only moderately painful for the next 250 miles...and then it fits like a comfy old loafer!
        And yeah, bike tech had come a long way from 77 to 93. Although I'll say this--ya still had to make the pedals go round & round!  :)

The better I know people, the more I like my dog.

by Thinking Fella on Tue Apr 23, 2013 at 04:37:44 PM PDT

•  THAT is awesomeness....Seattle to Maine! (6+ / 0-)

I would love to read more about your adventure!

We're walking temples of noise, and when you add tender hearts to this mix, it somehow lets us meet in places we couldn't get to any other way.-Anne Lamott

by alicia on Tue Apr 23, 2013 at 11:15:37 AM PDT

•  I often say (3+ / 0-)
        mayim, alicia, diggerspop

I've had an interesting life. For better or worse. Good & bad. Highs & lows & everything in between. It's been ...interesting.

I'm hoping for a good adventure RVing this summer. Heh-I know whether it turns out good or bad, it'll be interesting! And either way, I'll have stories...  :)

The better I know people, the more I like my dog.

by Thinking Fella on Tue Apr 23, 2013 at 04:44:20 PM PDT

•  That is so cool. (4+ / 0-)
      Maudlin, mayim, Thinking Fella, diggerspop

You could diary about it anyway!

As for the hiking; it's almost all just for me but also some for Mr. A. He worries about me, when I do not get exercise.

But, I like that question: What else do you do during your day for yourself, and only for you? and am going to try to remember to think about (and act on!) it more often.

When lots of people show up to vote, Democrats tend to win.

by Audri on Tue Apr 23, 2013 at 01:15:47 PM PDT

• Hillary Clinton (18)
  • Education (18)
  • Racism (17)
  • Politics (17)
  • Freddie Gray (17)
  • Barack Obama (16)
  • Click here for the mobile view of the site