View Diary: Being Against Wars Means You're "Radicalized?" (453 comments)

•  no (6+ / 0-)

my definition of policing does not mean any convoluted thing you choose it to mean.

willful misunderstanding on your part - you don't get to do that

embrace your outrage gerrilea, clearly it's very precious to you

"Show up. Pay attention. Tell the truth. And don't be attached to the results." -- Angeles Arrien

by Sybil Liberty on Wed Apr 24, 2013 at 08:42:02 AM PDT

•  Hon, this isn't about me but all of us. (1+ / 0-)
      happymisanthropy

And what our created government is doing, right now.

You are willfully ignoring this reality for some unknown reason(s).

We were warned, were we not?

Martial Law : Coming to a Neighborhood Near You, Yet It’s Already Here!

by gerrilea on Wed Apr 24, 2013 at 08:55:07 AM PDT

•  I was around when Japanese Americans (14+ / 0-)

were incarcerated, I watched the round-up of American citizens forced out of their homes and workplaces and onto buses. I damned well know what it looks like.

...and don't call me "Hon"

by Sybil Liberty on Wed Apr 24, 2013 at 09:46:16 AM PDT

•  Don't like the condesending attitude do you? (0+ / 0-)

Neither do I.

That's the problem with us "Americans" today:

I watched the round-up
          Did you speak out like I'm doing here today? Did you say or do anything except cower in fear or did you believe what was being done was acceptable in our constitutional republic and you rooted them on?

Which one is it?

Why do you attack me personally for actually pointing out that our government must not do specific things, even for "safety"?

by gerrilea on Wed Apr 24, 2013 at 11:50:24 AM PDT

•  I was a small child, I cowered behind my dad. (5+ / 0-)

I probably cried, but I definitely never forgot. Like I said, I know what it looks like. Guess that makes me a coward.

OTOH, speaking out from behind your keyboard doesn't exactly indicate valor, not in any real sense of the word. You weren't principled enough to file a complaint against a PD you believed to be demonizing you, and yes actually, I have confronted cops and taken their badge numbers a time or two.

But then I get the feeling you enjoy playing the victim.

Have at it.

by Sybil Liberty on Wed Apr 24, 2013 at 12:33:04 PM PDT

•  Sweet, now I'm playing a part, got it, wink, wink! (0+ / 0-)

I made a reasoned choice last week, confront the paid mercenaries and most assuredly get arrested or go home to be with my family for my Aunt's Funeral.

My family, at that moment, was much more important than any political posturing.

We all make choices and I see you failed to address the issue I presented and decided to continue your personal attacks against me.

Don't you want us to know the answer?

If that occurred today, what would you do?  Since you claim you were a child, you cannot be held accountable for your fears then.

How can a 100 square mile area be "an active crime scene" that includes over 1 million residents?  Is going door-to-door without warrant or probable cause actually constitutional?

You may wish to believe I'm "hiding behind a keyboard" but clearly I'm not. I've made no efforts to hide who, what or where I am.

Will you support me when I confront these mercenaries again?  Or will you accuse me of "playing a victim"?  What do you suggest I do when confronted with unconstitutional tactics of a military occupation?

Or will you, like all the others here say that I should sit down and shut up and do what our new masters tell us?

Where do you really stand on these issues?  Is our "safety" superior to the rule of law?

by gerrilea on Wed Apr 24, 2013 at 01:25:57 PM PDT

•  I don't know whether or not you're a guy (2+ / 0-)
        blueyedace2, Dr Swig Mcjigger

but if you are, you need to stop being a condescending, sexist jerk.

If you're a woman, you need to stop behaving like a condescending, sexist jerk.

Nothing human is alien to me.

by WB Reeves on Wed Apr 24, 2013 at 10:28:12 AM PDT