View Diary: Are Kossacks, or Lurkers, in charge in THAT way? (228 comments)

•  Then leave, David. Your constant (7+ / 0-)

complaints throughout these threads has become extremely tiresome. You have been constantly corrected, explained to, etc but you don't LIKE the answer so you keep pretending you didn't get one.

No, you don't get an insight into the exact, proprietary decision making process of a private organization, and Daily Kos is not alone by any means in that...in fact, they're the VAST majority.

But you'll come back, anyway.

I see what you did there.

by GoGoGoEverton on Thu Apr 25, 2013 at 07:24:57 AM PDT

•  So which is it? (4+ / 0-)

My question has been answered
      or
      I don't deserve an answer

Your first graf contradicts your second.

As for tiresome, GoGo, that's not a smart place for you, of all people, to go.

•  Maybe the answer to your questions (6+ / 0-)

didn't suit you so you keep looking for one that will.  Kos can't make Kossaks agree with you or your priorities.  I'd suggest you start your own blog.  You have a crowd of like-minded followers, this place makes you unhappy, not enough people here support your complaints about how Kos runs HIS blog.  It seems pretty simple.

by I love OCD on Thu Apr 25, 2013 at 07:52:12 AM PDT

•  ? (3+ / 0-)
          Nada Lemming, shaharazade, Ginger1

I hang here and like it here, precisely because not all people are like-minded. I like interacting w/peeps far to my right, like you.

But no, I still haven't gotten an answer to my simple direct question.

•  Hey David, how do you manage your finances? (1+ / 0-)
            earicicle

Be specific, I'd like to see your budget spreadsheet, please...otherwise your answer isn't good enough.

I see what you did there.

by GoGoGoEverton on Thu Apr 25, 2013 at 08:00:21 AM PDT

•  The answers were all in the comment (2+ / 0-)
            catilinus, SilentBrook

thread, from several FPers.  If you hit the Trifecta you get the action.

Seriously, I don't doubt your concerns or your worries  on a lot of issues, but you "feel" like someone who is very rigid, which makes me question what you are extrapolating.  the fact that a lot of your supporters are dismissive and personal-attack level rude when anyone asks questions or points out possible flaws in data or reasoning means you've lost me.  And I'm a pretty good ally.

Convince me!  Respond to my questions with facts, don't treat dissenting opinions like knives in your belly, or fall back on hippie punching defenses.  I know drones are just one more tool in an arsenal I find appalling.  Don't ask me to focus on drones when robot soldiers will be the next scary creation, how about a focus on ending the fear that drives humans to endless war?  How about making violence socially unacceptable to the point of shunning?  How about looking at practical ways to lower the barriers between the US and other cultures?

Keeping the focus on drones, and feeding the Obama=Bush narrative is short-sighted and ludicrous.  Refocusing on WTF brought us to robotic killing matters more.

by I love OCD on Thu Apr 25, 2013 at 08:59:08 AM PDT

•  I'm antiwar (1+ / 0-)
              catilinus

Like most of are, or were b4 2008. Not complicated. I'm opposed to war, militarism, and imperalism.

'drones' are merely shorthand for either 1) the way the USG is using them or 2) the 'war on terror'

Tho drones do present their own problem in that the low-immediate risk makes them so so tempting to use, as we've seen.

I'm antiwar -- got it?

•  Yes, and your response was somewhat (2+ / 0-)
                catilinus, doroma

defensive and a bit dismissive, when I was offering you a way to meet and find commonalities rather than spar endlessly and accomplish little.

I'm left with the impression that reinforcing your rightness matters more than gaining allies on an issue that you feel strongly about.  Maybe that's why you aren't getting the FP attention you want.  If you can't respond to someone inviting you to convince her, how can you build a coalition?

by I love OCD on Thu Apr 25, 2013 at 09:43:48 AM PDT

•  One more thought. Unless I'm really angry (0+ / 0-)

about being treated like what I think is stupid, I rarely refuse a chance to talk policy and values.  I am a good ally, and pretty good at bringing out the salient points in any argument.  I'm surprised that you don't get that.

by I love OCD on Thu Apr 25, 2013 at 09:50:30 AM PDT

•  You got 2 freaking diaries from Daily Kos (2+ / 0-)
        earicicle, doroma

one from Bowers and one from the site owner, explaining their decision-making formula. You don't get their damn 'formula' and OF COURSE there's that final, subjective decision on which topics to email out about, etc. What are you getting at?

I see what you did there.

by GoGoGoEverton on Thu Apr 25, 2013 at 07:59:20 AM PDT

•  On the long run they won't come back (0+ / 0-)

You rely on the assumption that addiction to this site is endless. I don't think so.