View Diary: Are Kossacks, or Lurkers, in charge in THAT way? (228 comments)

•  lurkers and Kossacks are overlapping categories (18+ / 0-)

I see your point that many non dK-ers may be "liking"/"tweeting" but I just want to point out that you are using "lurker" to mean non-dKer, and I think that's incorrect. Many registered users are lurkers.

There are moments when the body is as numinous as words, days that are the good flesh continuing. -- Robert Hass

by srkp23 on Thu Apr 25, 2013 at 07:30:53 AM PDT

•  Yes, I acknowledged in the diary that I've seen (6+ / 0-)
      srkp23, lurker123, JayC, Wood Dragon, Avila, KenBee

some kossacks mention they lurk. Sometimes I come here without bothering to log in. Then when I see something I want to rec I log in. Obviously a Kossack could come here without logging in, and then like something on Facebook without logging in to recommend it. Sure, but I don't think the majority of Kossacks behave in that manner.

What that exact ratio would be between non-Kossack lurkers & lurkers who are Kossacks is unknown, but logic implies there are vastly more non-Kossacks than Kossacks, no?

America's greatest political dynasty...the Kaan

by catilinus on Thu Apr 25, 2013 at 07:45:22 AM PDT

•  obv, more non dKers than dKers (8+ / 0-)

jotter might be able to provide some insight/data on info that would help understand lurking dKers. I also think you can be logged in and lurking, sharing on FB but not reccing, &c. That said, in the main, your point stands, that many non-dKers are circulating dK material and liking it on FB. I think that's likely a good thing, it means it's gone viral--from political junkieland to everyday life.

In the end though, kos and Bowers will do what they think is best ... but we can do a lot to try to influence them.

by srkp23 on Thu Apr 25, 2013 at 07:50:46 AM PDT

•  Might not a logged in DKer like on FB but not (1+ / 0-)
        radical simplicity

rec? I think that is entirely possible, but I don't think there is anyway to prove one way or the other. I don't necessarily rec every diary I read  that I find interesting.

Suppose you were an idiot. And suppose you were a Republican. But I repeat myself. Harry Truman

by ratcityreprobate on Thu Apr 25, 2013 at 08:32:48 AM PDT

•  The mobile version (2+ / 0-)
        KenBee, radical simplicity

When I point my smartphone to www.dailykos.com, it goes by default to m.dailykos.com, the mobile version of the site. That's a very handy version for mobile phones, because it loads less data at a time. But among the features that are omitted is the ability to log in, rec, tip, and comment. You have to go to the full site to do that.

During my daily commuting time, I usually use the mobile site on my smartphone. That means that my active participation is less than when I'm sitting at a computer and using the full site.

Join the 48ForEastAfrica Blogathon for the famine in east Africa: Donate to Oxfam America

by JayC on Thu Apr 25, 2013 at 11:31:53 AM PDT

•  many lurkers become Kossacks after awhile (4+ / 0-)
      lurker123, majcmb1, Mad Season, Adam B

I lurkered for years before registering. I think most people who read this site regularly are aligned with us. There are trolls, but I don't think we need to be concerned that they throw off Chris' statistics.

In other words, for the purposes of gauging community interest in an issue, I think lurker input is OK.

working for a world that works for everyone ...

by USHomeopath on Thu Apr 25, 2013 at 10:09:22 AM PDT

• Recommended (128)
  • Community (64)
  • Elections (24)
  • Environment (23)
  • Media (23)
  • Civil Rights (22)
  • Culture (22)
  • Trans-Pacific Partnership (21)
  • Law (21)
  • Science (21)
  • Josh Duggar (20)
  • Labor (18)
  • Economy (17)
  • Bernie Sanders (16)
  • Marriage Equality (16)
  • Ireland (16)
  • Hillary Clinton (15)
  • 2016 (15)
  • Climate Change (15)
  • Rescued (15)
  • Click here for the mobile view of the site