View Diary: Get 'em while they're hot : “Thanks W.” bumper sticker now available at the GOP Online Store (64 comments)

•  Ferrets are SO cute... (4+ / 0-)

and every time I see one, or see a photo of one, I think of Rudy 9/11. He hated them. I think he's a-skeered of 'em. They are (or were, anyway) illegal in NYC when he was mayor.

Another rethug politician I'm glad to see doing anything else but holding office.

Irony takes a worse beating from Republicans than Wile E. Coyote does from Acme. --Tara the Antisocial Social Worker

by Youffraita on Fri Apr 26, 2013 at 11:05:48 PM PDT

•  Ummm... I think that's an opossum (6+ / 0-)

Ferrets have a different kind of face and nose.

Opossum

by NonnyO on Sat Apr 27, 2013 at 12:31:48 AM PDT

•  I'm sure you're correct. (5+ / 0-)

But it reminded me of ferrets I have known...never had one myself (I'm a cat person) but...

Balticon, mid-1980s, early morning. Went out barefoot, binocs in hand, to see any birds that might be around the motel.

A little paw walks across my foot.

Yes: a cute little ferret. On a leash. With owner attached to the other end of the leash.

They are SO cute.

by Youffraita on Sat Apr 27, 2013 at 12:37:30 AM PDT

•  Someone I once knew (6+ / 0-)

... had about three or four ferrets, had just acquired a new ferret and I met all of them briefly.  Full of mischief, playful, nosey little sweethearts.

I agree:  Cute!!!

I'm a feline person, too (had eleven at one time once; only two were acquired on purpose - the others just found me).  Had the World's Greatest Kids' Dog growing up, with a protector dog before that who died when I was just a toddler so I don't remember her, but I've been told how she protected me.  We had a cat for a few years.  Assorted other animals on the farm: pigs, chickens, a cow and a calf, sheep I don't remember (have pix - I was just barely walking), a goat for a couple of weeks..., and the list goes on and on.  Essentially I like all animals and birds (reptiles, not so much - scared spitless of snakes since they scared me regularly).

:-)

by NonnyO on Sat Apr 27, 2013 at 02:57:22 AM PDT

•  heh: Buddy, my fire escape cat, (1+ / 0-)
            NonnyO

found me, too. He came around begging a few times and finally I broke down and fed him. On the fire escape.

Do you remember the ancient song "The Cat Came Back"?

Well, you feed them, they remember you.

This is a no-pet building.

But...well...Buddy decided to move in, and when it got cold and he developed a bad cough...and I took him to the vet...I guess he's really my roomie now!  But don't tell my landlord!

by Youffraita on Sun Apr 28, 2013 at 12:17:38 AM PDT

•  Never! :-) (1+ / 0-)
              Youffraita

Fur people need food, shelter, and love, too!  Even if they come out of nowhere and march beside you on the sidewalk and into your place.

I swear, for a few years I had an invisible neon sign above my place with an arrow pointing down that said "Sucker lives here.  She'll pay for your spaying, neutering, medicine for other ailments, and give you food and clean the litter box."

Yeah, it's over a quarter century ago now..., and I loved them as much as they loved me.

:-)

• Texas (20)
  • Labor (19)
  • 2016 (19)
  • Environment (19)
  • Politics (18)
  • Media (17)
  • Click here for the mobile view of the site