View Diary: Why Don't You Go Out and Play In the Nice Economy? (128 comments)

•  then why come here? (1+ / 0-)
    howarddream

does trolling make you happy?

In the time that I have been given,
    I am what I am

by duhban on Sat Apr 27, 2013 at 03:19:50 PM PDT

•  Cut it the fuck out. (16+ / 0-)

For the past couple of weeks, your comment and endless variations on it have been a stock jab at anyone who has expressed disillusionment with the lack of progress we are seeing.

Calling dkmich a troll for expressing his/her dissatisfaction with the way things are going now is itself nothing more than picking a fight, i.e. trolling.  Cut it the fuck out.  You and all who brandish this particular brand of question against critics here.

You want a site where we don't engage?  Then start one.  This one is not yours to claim as your exclusive territory.

•  it's a serious question (1+ / 0-)
        howarddream

if you don't like the site why come?

And frankly your effort to underplay what dkmich actually said is transparent.

As to the rest, you are not the boss here so cut it the fuck  out trying to tell me what to do.

In the time that I have been given,
        I am what I am

by duhban on Sat Apr 27, 2013 at 06:28:25 PM PDT

•  because we have a progressive agenda (0+ / 0-)

Right?

•  I would hope so (0+ / 0-)

but when one speaks of 'daily kos kool aid' I have to  rather wonder what the agenda is

I mean if for example I started saying that I know I would get massive amounts of hides for that and several people would be calling for me to be banned (though to be fair they would be more repeating themselves)

I don't think it unreasonable to be perplexed by such a comment

In the time that I have been given,
        I am what I am

by duhban on Sat Apr 27, 2013 at 09:51:44 PM PDT

•  Not perplexed...personal attack. (1+ / 0-)
          Cassandra77

I've been here a lot longer than you, so if you don't like my comments, why do you come here?

What we need is a Democrat in the White House.

by dkmich on Sun Apr 28, 2013 at 05:07:20 AM PDT

•  I think the agenda goes like this: (2+ / 0-)
          Cassandra77, Laconic Lib

1. the poster has a progressive agenda

2. the Demoocratic Party does not, and hasn't since the 70's, so

3. the poster points out all the ways in which the Dem party does not have a progressive agenda, so that

4. people will see that, and then

5. work to make the Dem Party progressive again, either by changing the candidate's mind or by electing a different candidate.

Some people here, alas, have a different agenda.  It goes:

1. elect anyone with a D after their name.

2. if the person elected is crappy and non-progressive, wave a blue pennant and refer to number one.

"More AND better Democrats" is fine, so long as the Dems we elect are actually better.  When they're not (as happens quite often) then those two aims are in conflict, and we get the never-ending pie fights that you somehow always find yourself involved with.

•  yeah that would be nice (0+ / 0-)

if that was true but I rather doubt it for that poster

More like

Bad mouth anything Obama does nevermind the facts or actual truth.

In the time that I have been given,
            I am what I am

by duhban on Sun Apr 28, 2013 at 09:31:44 PM PDT

•  I think you are quite mistaken (0+ / 0-)

But I do understand that you have a different agenda.

PS--Obama is not the problem, and never has been.  The problem is that the Dem Party is not progressive and hasn't been since the 70's.  So it simply doesn't matter who is President--the party is not on the side of progressives anyway. If we dug up the zombie corpse of FDR and elected it to office, it wouldn't change a thing.

•  not about agenda at all (0+ / 0-)

when a commenter talks about 'daily kos kool aid' I think that speaks more then enough to the commenter's intentions

And frankly if you or dkmich think the party isn't progressive enough (and that really is a separate discussion) the way to fix that isn't by comments like that one

You have a good day as I don't see this discussion being any more productive.

In the time that I have been given,