View Diary: Daily Kos Elections Live Digest: 5/3 (246 comments)

•  He's so shrewd that he has +15 approvals in a (1+ / 0-)
    MichaelNY

purple state.

20, CA-18 (home), CA-13 (school)
    politicohen.com
    Socially libertarian, moderate on foreign policy, immigration, and crime, liberal on everything else.
    UC Berkeley; I think I'm in the conservative half of this city. -.4.12, -4.92

by jncca on Fri May 03, 2013 at 06:56:51 PM PDT

•  I dont care (0+ / 0-)

He got a 5 point bump. So what.

NY-9/NJ-10; Russians can give you arms but only the United States can give you a solution. -- Anwar Sadat

by BKGyptian89 on Fri May 03, 2013 at 07:02:36 PM PDT

•  And would not classify PA as a purple state (0+ / 0-)

certainly not at the Presidential, Gov and legislative then yeah.

by BKGyptian89 on Fri May 03, 2013 at 07:10:18 PM PDT

•  It's like D+1 or D+2 (1+ / 0-)
        MichaelNY

It's more purple than North Carolina.
        And I care, because incumbents with +15 approval in semi-purple or purple states don't lose.  Period.

20, CA-18 (home), CA-13 (school)
        politicohen.com
        UC Berkeley; I think I'm in the conservative half of this city. -.4.12, -4.92

by jncca on Fri May 03, 2013 at 07:23:53 PM PDT

•  Look Im not going to get into an argument (0+ / 0-)

the man is not invincible and likely his going to have a tough race come 2016. Those approvals will start coming back down to earth.

by BKGyptian89 on Fri May 03, 2013 at 07:30:30 PM PDT

•  We shall see (1+ / 0-)
            jncca

You may be right, but I think it is not wise to assume so, and whoever his opponent is would have to run a very good campaign to defeat him.

Formerly Pan on Swing State Project

by MichaelNY on Fri May 03, 2013 at 07:32:29 PM PDT

•  I think you have a lot of optimism with no (1+ / 0-)
            MichaelNY

evidence.  On DKE we use evidence.

20, CA-18 (home), CA-13 (school)
            politicohen.com
            UC Berkeley; I think I'm in the conservative half of this city. -.4.12, -4.92

by jncca on Fri May 03, 2013 at 08:25:33 PM PDT

•  Yeah there's no polls out on that race (0+ / 0-)

so im just going on logic due to him barely squeaking by in a very GOP yr, he'll won't be fortunate in a Prez yr to have that same luck. So Im just basing it on the lean of state, being that it will be a Presidential yr, and a credible Dem will have a good shot. Which I think is a reasonable view.

But he's not invincible, which I have the feeling you making him out to be. That my only issue I have.

by BKGyptian89 on Fri May 03, 2013 at 08:34:34 PM PDT

•  If you act like you're certain he's going to lose (0+ / 0-)

that doesn't make those of us who demur believers in his being "invincible." There's a very wide middle ground between those two extremes.

Formerly Pan on Swing State Project