View Diary: Open thread for night owls: Turning Mother Nature into a weapon of war (91 comments)

•  Anybody here use Linux Mint (2+ / 0-)
    JeffW, Eric Nelson

or Firefox?
    Ever since I switched to Linux and use Firefox I can recommend the same comment over and over.
    Does that happen to any of you?
    It seems I could use that ability to my advantage.

"Too much. There's too much fucking perspective now." David St. Hubbins

by nellgwen on Sun Apr 28, 2013 at 10:12:02 PM PDT

•  I don't, but have you mentioned... (3+ / 0-)
      nellgwen, Eric Nelson, DeadHead

...this to the IT team? And do you really leave more than one rec?

Float like a manhole cover, sting like a sash weight! Clean Coal Is A Clinker!

by JeffW on Sun Apr 28, 2013 at 10:19:16 PM PDT

•  I just noticed it today. (1+ / 0-)
        JeffW

Sometimes my computer jumps around and I lose my place.
        I noticed that before when I recommend a comment the button changes color, almost like a bookmark that lets you know where you are.
           With Linux it doesn't do that.
           What is the IT Team?

"Too much. There's too much fucking perspective now." David St. Hubbins

by nellgwen on Sun Apr 28, 2013 at 10:42:10 PM PDT

•  Do you see the tip count increment (4+ / 0-)
      OLinda, nellgwen, emmasnacker, JeffW

multiple times? I doubt the Daily Kos backend is going to allow your browser to achieve what is not allowable otherwise.

So while you might see something goofy happening in the browser itself, it isn't being reflected in DK's database. I least I sure hope it isn't. :)

~ Jerry Garcia

by DeadHead on Sun Apr 28, 2013 at 10:45:00 PM PDT

•  I see. (2+ / 0-)
        DeadHead, JeffW

I recked your comment several times but so far it only registered once.
        Before it wasn't doing that. Before the count would go up as
        well.

"Too much. There's too much fucking perspective now." David St. Hubbins

by nellgwen on Sun Apr 28, 2013 at 11:34:16 PM PDT

•  Likely an error on the client-side (3+ / 0-)
          nellgwen, joanneleon, JeffW

(your browser) handling of the the code that does the incrementing. This site is complex, and browsers process it with varying degrees of success.

I have weird problems sometimes too, depending on my choice of browsers at any given time.

~ Jerry Garcia

by DeadHead on Mon Apr 29, 2013 at 12:58:50 AM PDT

•  I use firefox. If I click recommend (3+ / 0-)
      OLinda, JeffW, nellgwen

a second time, it takes the rec back.

Only thing more infuriating than an ignorant man is one who tries to make others ignorant for his own gain. Crashing Vor

by emmasnacker on Mon Apr 29, 2013 at 03:17:05 AM PDT