View Diary: America In Decline: No American Airport In Top 25–You Would Not Believe Who Beats Us (141 comments)

•  I like Denver, though. (5+ / 0-)
    ColoTim, RichM, science nerd, elwior, Keith930

Roomy with plenty of food options and many flights.

"Michael Moore, who was filming a movie about corporate welfare called 'Capitalism: A Love Story,' sought and received incentives."

by Bush Bites on Tue Apr 30, 2013 at 10:13:53 AM PDT

•  Changing flights is a nightmare there, (0+ / 0-)

from regional to long-haul or vice-versa.

I'll take SLC to go from Texas to Montana any day.

I'm part of the "bedwetting bunch of website Democrat base people (DKos)." - Rush Limbaugh, 10/16/2012 Torture is Wrong! We live near W so you don't have to. Send love.

by tom 47 on Tue Apr 30, 2013 at 10:33:54 AM PDT

•  Depends upon whether you're changing airlines (2+ / 0-)
        Roadbed Guy, wintergreen8694

or whether you're moving from one gate to another in the same terminal.  If you're flying Frontier or Southwest, you're likely to remain in the same terminal.  Only with United (or multiple airlines) are you likely to have to change terminals.  There can also be a really long walk if you have a small regional plane where you need to walk to the terminal extension.  Then again, I use it as a start/end point so I don't have to make changes.

Never flown through SLC.

•  One man's origin/destination (1+ / 0-)
          ColoTim

is another's transfer point.  "coming, going...or just passing through?"

I still found changing flights, even in the "same terminal" (loose term in DIA) to involve long walking distances and missed connections.

Travel safely (and conveniently, without incident, if you can).

by tom 47 on Tue Apr 30, 2013 at 12:18:18 PM PDT

•  We'd be happy to have you stick around in Denver (0+ / 0-)

but of course we'd rather have it be a planned stop rather than unplanned.

DIA was the second ranked airport in the US.

We're putting a hotel at the airport and we've started a light-rail line to link the airport to downtown and a few other links through the metro.  I'm looking forward to being able to take it from just about our house all the way out to the airport, but that's still a year or two away.

•  Yes, congrats on the LRT link to DIA (1+ / 0-)
              ColoTim

we're working on the same here to DFW (already to DAL).

by tom 47 on Tue Apr 30, 2013 at 02:02:05 PM PDT

•  I fly out of Denver. (5+ / 0-)

Clean, airy, pleasant--but security's not fun unless you're going out of Terminal A and can walk it--avoid security in the main terminal and the train.

But for sheer ease, hey, ten minutes and I'm through security and having a cup of coffee on the other side, try the very old terminal A out of Reagan National. Dirty, old, baggage wait is awful--but I can't tell you how many times I've just sailed through security.  Of course, I'm an old lady, no carry on luggage, no laptop, slip on shoes... Also helps to smile. :)

I judge airports by time and hassle--a lot of nightmares out there.

•  I judge them by ease of access and time (0+ / 0-)

LAX, for example...the traffic horseshoe can be a nightmarish experience of kill or be killed driving bravado.

Portland, Oregon's airport is the easiest airport I've ever travelled through...quick in, quick out, parking is close by and reasonably priced.

I've travelled through Denver a few times, and I like the airport as a traveller.

Worst airport I have ever had to transfer through is St Louis.  Talk about a ratty, old airport with shitty food options.  If you need your shoes shined, you're in luck.  If you are hungry, not so much.

_"Love is the rosebud of an hour; Friendship the everlasting flower."_ Brook Boothby

by Keith930 on Tue Apr 30, 2013 at 06:53:48 PM PDT

•  Yep. (0+ / 0-)

Not too bad, although there is no mass transit into the city.

"The Obama Administration has been an unmitigated disaster" - Osama Bin Laden

by Explorer8939 on Tue Apr 30, 2013 at 11:57:23 AM PDT

•  I like Minneapolis. (0+ / 0-)

It's clean, friendly, good food (not too expensive), etc.

"We the People of the United States...." -U.S. Constitution