View Diary: Congressional GOP beginning to notice their own incompetence (184 comments)

•  And Somehow We're Supposed To Be AFRAID That (4+ / 0-)

These bunch of clowns are going to have a coherent message going into '14 about "protecting SS from cuts!" because Obama proposed CPI in his budget?

This is what we're supposed to be afraid of?

Really?

That's why Obama made a tactical error in proposing CPI? Because THESE guys are going to use it to win in '14?

Again...Really? Do you really believe that?

Or is it more likely that Obama's bait will only add to the woes, frictions and fissures within the party?

This post is dedicated to myself, without whom, I'd be somebody else. Though I'd still be an asshole. My Music

by Beetwasher on Wed May 01, 2013 at 03:01:15 PM PDT

•  They have the evil 1% & their think tanks to (4+ / 0-)
      The Marti, ladybug53, jds1978, greenearth

Lean on.

No problem for evil Rs.

•  You're right. We should just plug our ears (8+ / 0-)

and say "la la la. I can't hear you."

To imply people should forego speaking up about bad policy and politically toxic proposals just because the GOP are the same idiots they've always been underestimates Republicans and their uncanny ability to distort the truth. Normally they have to lie, with chained CPI, they don't: it's a cut offered on paper by a Democratic president. The hidden strategy behind it won't be a factor for voters. The Republican campaign ads and the uncomfortable denials and day-late pushback by Dems, however, will.

So regardless of how much of an impact you think this will have in 2014, it will have impact nonetheless. And it will be an impact Dems will have to devote resources to counter. Resources that could be put to offensive rather than defensive uses.

~ Jerry Garcia

by DeadHead on Wed May 01, 2013 at 04:18:04 PM PDT

•  Did I Say Plug Your Ears And Forego Speaking? (1+ / 0-)
        skohayes

Where did I say that?

You continue to underestimate Obama, and overestimate the GOP.  But that's cool, thats why Obama always wins and people like u never understand why.

by Beetwasher on Wed May 01, 2013 at 05:10:46 PM PDT

•  People like me? Last time I checked (5+ / 0-)

2010 didn't go so well "for Obama." Sequester kinda happened, too.

Heck, let's throw in background checks while we're on the topic of how "Obama always wins," since all the legislative "wins" are his alone and all the legislative losses are either the fault of the meddling left or of a grid-locked congress, or both, right?

Do I need to explain why the words "somehow we need to be AFRAID..." might suggest your disapproval with those who've chosen NOT to give Obama the benefit of the doubt on this
          particular issue?

Or should I just retract my observation because you didn't use verbatim the same words I chose to make my point?

~ Jerry Garcia

by DeadHead on Wed May 01, 2013 at 06:53:49 PM PDT

•  You Dead Enders Forget 2012, Why? Too funny! (0+ / 0-)

That's called "grasping".  Recent history has Obama kicking electoral ass.  But let's just dismiss that cuz it doesn't fit neatly into your Obama sux meme.

by Beetwasher on Thu May 02, 2013 at 05:39:01 AM PDT

•  Enough with the name calling (0+ / 0-)

I appreciate your enthusiasm....now aim your fire forward; not at our reserves

This space for rent -- Cheap!

by jds1978 on Thu May 02, 2013 at 07:39:29 AM PDT

•  I Call Negative, Defeatist Bullshit Exactly What (0+ / 0-)

It is. They aren't interested in attacking actual enemies, they are interested in attacking Obama and dampening enthusiasm and I will call them on it every time.

Obama is not running for anything, and anyone who tries to use Obama as an excuse for not voting for their local Dem candidates to get the GOP out of Congress, is in the way and needs to be called on their bullshit.

by Beetwasher on Thu May 02, 2013 at 08:56:05 AM PDT

• Recommended (128)
  • Community (60)
  • Media (32)
  • Elections (32)
  • Trans-Pacific Partnership (30)
  • 2016 (29)
  • Climate Change (21)
  • Labor (19)
  • Economy (19)
  • Josh Duggar (18)
  • Jeb Bush (18)
  • Bernie Sanders (17)
  • Click here for the mobile view of the site