View Diary: Open thread for night owls: A rule for opinion writers—avoid arguing with the weakest links (145 comments)

•  A DK Question (6+ / 0-)

Does the Daily Kos operation know anything about the age cohort population of DK participants?

More specifically, I know there are a lot of elderly baby boomers here, and also millennials....   are there any young age cohort folks here?

•  There Are Definitely Youngsters Here. (8+ / 0-)

Now as to this problem of "elderly."

We Boomers are only beginning to enter the formerly-possible retirement age. "Elderly" at this point refers to the trail-end WW2 ["Greatest"] and Korea War generations.

The birth control pill is the KT-Boundary divide of American culture. I of the (this weekend) Kent State shooting boomer generation are Pill Generation and we would rather join millennials 30-40 years younger than us than with Korea War tweener generation barely 5 years older than us.

University education cost me something like pocket change, and it shouldn't cost you any more. I'll help you fix your problem if you'll help me fix my end of life problem.

by Gooserock on Wed May 01, 2013 at 10:38:48 PM PDT

•  Now a person who says something like this: (1+ / 0-)
        Angie in WA State
        The birth control pill is the KT-Boundary divide of American culture.
        The brain that thought that thought must be pretty interesting....
        •  Except..... (0+ / 0-)

don't you mean C-T boundary rather than KT Boundary....as
          to the Cretaceous-Tertiary Boundary?

•  KT is a sedementary layer of iridium (1+ / 0-)
            LakeSuperior

which is found the world around - and is believed to be the remains of the comet/asteroid which killed off the dinosaurs when it hit the Caribbean just off the Yucatan Peninsula.

Although I see that they are now calling this the K-Pg boundary.

The Cretaceous–Paleogene (K–Pg) boundary (formerly known as the K–T boundary) is a geological signature, usually a thin band, dated to 66.0 Ma (million years) ago.[1] K is the traditional abbreviation for the Cretaceous period, and Pg is the abbreviation for the Paleogene period.
            From Wiki:
            In 1980, a team of researchers consisting of Nobel prize-winning physicist Luis Alvarez, his son, geologist Walter Alvarez, and chemists Frank Asaro and Helen Michels discovered that sedimentary layers found all over the world at the K–Pg boundary contain a concentration of iridium many times greater than normal (30 times background in Italy and 160 times at Stevns).[4] Iridium is extremely rare in the earth's crust because it is a siderophile, and therefore most of it travelled with iron as it sank into the earth's core during planetary differentiation. As iridium remains abundant in most asteroids and comets, the Alvarez team suggested that an asteroid struck the earth at the time of the K–Pg boundary.[4] There were other earlier speculations on the possibility of an impact event, but no evidence had been uncovered at that time.[5]

"I like paying taxes...with them, I buy Civilization"

by Angie in WA State on Thu May 02, 2013 at 10:31:31 AM PDT

•  Based on the writing over the years which I have (1+ / 0-)
          a gilas girl

read under Gooserock's banner?

You would be correct.

"I like paying taxes...with them, I buy Civilization"

by Angie in WA State on Wed May 01, 2013 at 10:59:01 PM PDT

•  I'm thinking that LakeSuperior has already (0+ / 0-)

finished up with college.

Now, there might be some loans that you may be able to help out with...

;)

© grover

by grover on Wed May 01, 2013 at 11:56:11 PM PDT

•  nope -- we eat them young-uns (4+ / 0-)

keeps us in our angry

It seems curiosity has killed the cat that had my tongue.

by Murphoney on Wed May 01, 2013 at 10:39:03 PM PDT

•  This may give you an idea: (3+ / 0-)
      LakeSuperior, Eric Nelson, grover

~ Jerry Garcia

by DeadHead on Wed May 01, 2013 at 10:53:40 PM PDT

•  thanks so much....that was exactly what I (4+ / 0-)

was looking for....regards, LS

•  Web demographics. (2+ / 0-)
        DeadHead, JeffW

Is that when the little internet/computer brains try to figure out who you are by your internet behavior?

When I was shutting down all my google accounts, I deactivated my search history and saw what was there.  The conclusion google had drawn was that I was a 65-70 year old man based on the things I'm interested in like history, politics, classic literature, etc. I went ahead and left my profile alone.

If NSA comes looking for me, I can answer the door and them them that my father moved out of the country.

;)

© grover

by grover on Thu May 02, 2013 at 12:04:14 AM PDT

•  How do you define elderly? Be very careful.... ;P (2+ / 0-)
      LakeSuperior, JeffW

"Too often we enjoy the comfort of opinion without the discomfort of thought." - John F. Kennedy -7.8., -6.6

by helpImdrowning on Wed May 01, 2013 at 11:11:50 PM PDT