View Diary: You don't know what DSA is? Shame on you! (51 comments)

•  It is fun to refute your own straw men isn't it? (0+ / 0-)

I came from the working class.  I have worked side by side with workers in the struggle since graduate school in the early sixties.  I helped start a Union at Harvard when on the faculty there.  Lost my job.

For my willingness to go to jail I was made an honorary Black Panther in 1968.

You sure like straw men don't you?

An idea is not responsible for who happens to be carrying it at the moment. It stands or falls on its own merits.

by don mikulecky on Fri May 03, 2013 at 12:46:16 PM PDT

•  I've only known of one other guy who said (1+ / 0-)
      sturunner

he was an honorary Black Panther. Bob Avakian.

Nothing human is alien to me.

by WB Reeves on Fri May 03, 2013 at 01:10:04 PM PDT

•  now you know two (0+ / 0-)

It happened after I turned in my draft card on National TV on the steps of the Justice Department the day before the pentagon demonstration in 1968.  I was to be indicted next if Dr Spock and the other four were convicted.

Being hugged by the Panthers was also televised as I recall.

by don mikulecky on Fri May 03, 2013 at 01:20:33 PM PDT

•  Don, why do attach such importance (2+ / 0-)
          Neuroptimalian, sturunner

to this? Is it suppose to prove something?

Nothing human is alien to me.

by WB Reeves on Fri May 03, 2013 at 01:54:55 PM PDT

•  lol........first you challenge then I (0+ / 0-)

respond than you question why I respond...are you serious?

Why do you bait me?

Are you a right winger?

history is history...it proves itself

by don mikulecky on Fri May 03, 2013 at 02:19:56 PM PDT

•  Challenged you? (1+ / 0-)
              sturunner

What are you talking about? I said that the only other person I'd met who made this claim was Bob Avakian. How is that a challenge to you?

You're asking me if I'm a right winger? I thought you'd already divined what my politics were, although you still decline to explain how you managed it.

Isn't this an admission that you were speaking from ignorance in your earlier assertions?

You're the one who brought up the business about being an honorary Black Panther. You ought to be able to explain what significance you think it has. It shouldn't be necessary to dodge the question.

I don't know what definition of "baiting" you're using but it appears to correspond to any question you'd rather not answer.

Nothing human is alien to me.

by WB Reeves on Fri May 03, 2013 at 02:54:36 PM PDT