View Diary: Both MSNBC & Daily Kos appear focused on anti-Republican tribalism. How do we effect change? (233 comments)

•  asdf (3+ / 0-)
    Chi, JesseCW, Victor Ward
    As for Elizabeth Colbert Busch, I've written quite a lot about her, so, as long as you pay attention, the information is there for you.
    Not one word about any of her positions or her history or background. That is the problem - puff pieces.

That, in its essence, is fascism--ownership of government by an individual, by a group, or by any other controlling private power. -- Franklin D. Roosevelt --

by enhydra lutris on Sat May 04, 2013 at 02:28:31 PM PDT

•  Haha! Did you even read ... (0+ / 0-)

... the diary and the 121 comments, including all of my comments? Your comment is an embarrassing if you haven't, a lie if you have. The diary and my comments deal with Elizabeth Colbert Busch's positions on Marriage Equality, Choice, ObamaCare, so-called "entitlement" spending, job creation, immigration, local issues (Port of Charleston, Charleston Bridge), Social Security, Education and on and on. (I stopped at "Education" half way through the comments). So again, did you read the diary and my comments?

I would tip you, but the man took away my tips.

by Tortmaster on Sat May 04, 2013 at 03:04:03 PM PDT

•  I read the diary, not the comment thread. (1+ / 0-)
        Victor Ward

When you said you wrote quite a lot about her and linked the diary, I stupidly assumed that the informatin would be in the diary, and not buried  somewhere in the comments. The diary, FWIW, provides no reason or inspiration to read the comments, since it is a pure puff piece. Her pa has a building named after him, rootie-tootie, and she won a debate against her opponent, Hooray. What does she stand for support, not a hint in a very long winded diary, so no reason whatsoever to drag ones self through the comment thread.

In short, I didn't read your comments because your diary wasn't substantive and there was no reason to look at the comments too.

by enhydra lutris on Sat May 04, 2013 at 03:29:30 PM PDT

•  So, your lie about me ... (0+ / 0-)

... and my diary was based from ignorance and not intention. Good for you.

I would tip you, but the man took away my tips.

by Tortmaster on Sat May 04, 2013 at 03:46:10 PM PDT

•  By the way, if you support a ... (0+ / 0-)

... Tea Party jerk like Mark Sanford, do a diary about it. If you want to protect him and other Republicans from barbs and attacks, seemingly an intended side benefit of this whole diary genre, do a diary defeding his reputation. Otherwise, get the hell out of the way of people who are trying to keep that rat out of Congress.

I would tip you, but the man took away my tips.

by Tortmaster on Sat May 04, 2013 at 03:55:34 PM PDT

•  sorry, dude, but nobody is in your way but (1+ / 0-)
            Victor Ward

yourself. I'm not interfering with your ability to write a decent diary supporting your candidate and am not responsible for your failure to do so. When you claim to have written a diary supporting a specific candidate, when you have done no such thing, you should really expect at least one person to check the veracity of your statement and call you out on your misrepresentation.

by enhydra lutris on Sat May 04, 2013 at 04:07:18 PM PDT

•  Haha! I ... (0+ / 0-)

... don't like to be boring like ya'll!  ; )

When you claim to have written a diary supporting a specific candidate,
              And, no, my claim was to have "written quite a lot about" Elizabeth Colbert Busch, so stop with the lying, please. The fact that you were too lazy to read the comments, which are full of information about the candidates positions--and who'd have suspected that in a "debate live blog" diary?--is a fact. Admit your laziness and please start telling the truth.

I would tip you, but the man took away my tips.

by Tortmaster on Sat May 04, 2013 at 04:15:35 PM PDT

•  Sorry, you linked to a diary and I read it and (1+ / 0-)
                Victor Ward

it contained very little and nothing responsive to the comment you were responding to. I am not the one lying here, so get over it. you cannot write diaries for shit or chose not to bother supporting the candidate you were touting, i don't know and don't care, but in response to a comment specifically on the point of supporting candidates you blathered about writing a lot and linked to your diary, not to the comments.

Not reading the comments to a diary that was difficult enough to read becasue of its complete lack of substance isn't laziness, it is simply having something better to do than read vapid hot air. There was nothing in the diary to lead one to suspect that your were likely to suddenl;y get substantive in the comments.

I am telling the truth, not a single falsehood, sorry. Learn to write real diaries and you wouldn't cause this kind of misunderstanding.

by enhydra lutris on Sat May 04, 2013 at 04:44:20 PM PDT

•  P.S. I'm done here. (0+ / 0-)

You are wasting everyone's time.

I would tip you, but the man took away my tips.

by Tortmaster on Sat May 04, 2013 at 04:16:54 PM PDT