View Diary: "Socialism has never happened before." (92 comments)

•  Sometimes... (0+ / 0-)

breaking through the fog of abstraction can make things ever more clear. One way to do that is to use an unconventional manner of speech. I meant what I said: The institutionalized lack of sharing in capitalism is on the brink of causing our demise. And there is no way that isn't personal to me, and to all of us.

My god... this is extremely personal. It doesn't get more personal.

by ZhenRen on Sun May 05, 2013 at 10:49:27 PM PDT

•  OK, I can see that. (0+ / 0-)

Comments about whether I may or may not have children push some buttons for me.

Gondwana has always been at war with Laurasia.

by AaronInSanDiego on Sun May 05, 2013 at 10:51:50 PM PDT

•  Discussions about... (0+ / 0-)

whether I must be a wage slave or not push my buttons, as well.

Sorry if I offended you.

by ZhenRen on Sun May 05, 2013 at 10:57:56 PM PDT

•  I said nothing about you, personally. (0+ / 0-)

The only person I spoke about directly was myself.

Gondwana has always been at war with Laurasia.

by AaronInSanDiego on Sun May 05, 2013 at 11:01:00 PM PDT

•  I understand you did not (0+ / 0-)

But it is personal to me, as it well should be. It should be personal to any waking human on the planet.

by ZhenRen on Sun May 05, 2013 at 11:15:11 PM PDT

•  I do think the issues are important. (0+ / 0-)

I can't honestly say it's personal, since the issues of homelessness and poverty are not ones that have affected me personally, but that doesn't mean I don't take them seriously. But in addition, recognizing the importance and seriousness of these problems doesn't necessarily imply that I agree about the diagnosis or prescription for solving them, and disagreeing about the solution doesn't imply that the problems aren't important.

Gondwana has always been at war with Laurasia.

by AaronInSanDiego on Sun May 05, 2013 at 11:29:37 PM PDT

•  I've noticed (0+ / 0-)

that experiencing poverty more directly and personally goes a long way in helping a person to grasp what inequality really means.

This is why working people should have the right to self manage their own workplaces and communities: They are the only who are actually, literally, in touch with life on the local level.

by ZhenRen on Sun May 05, 2013 at 11:36:39 PM PDT

• Media (23)
  • Education (23)
  • Politics (21)
  • Rescued (21)
  • Texas (20)
  • Barack Obama (19)
  • Click here for the mobile view of the site