View Diary: Game of Thrones: 'The Climb' recap (142 comments)

•  What I've heard (potential spoilers) (3+ / 0-)
    decembersue, Puddytat, lyvwyr101

Jon is the "Ice" & Dany is the "Fire".

I've also heard some suggest Jon Snow is actually the son of Lyanna Stark, Ned's sister. Ned called him his "bastard" but still raised him in order to protect him. I would GUESS the TRUE father in this case would be Robert Barratheon (who loved Lyanna and who started his rebellion largely because of Rhaegar's desire for her IIRC).

I've read all five books but there's so much detail in them AND I've had a few beers, so take all this with a grain of salt

A village can not reorganize village life to suit the village idiot.

by METAL TREK on Mon May 06, 2013 at 08:50:52 PM PDT

•  Addendum (still potential spoilers) (3+ / 0-)
      Puddytat, Portlaw, lyvwyr101

I would assume having lineage/parentage with both the Starks AND Barratheons would give Jon "legitimacy" to rule the 7 Kingdoms with Dany if it came to that.

Again, lots of details in the books I may have forgotten & I'm drinking tonight. :)

A village can not reorganize village life to suit the village idiot.

by METAL TREK on Mon May 06, 2013 at 08:53:22 PM PDT

•  Problem with Jon's legitimacy (4+ / 0-)
        METAL TREK, Puddytat, Portlaw, lyvwyr101

is that a) he's a bastard son, and bastards are by definition not legitimate
        b) He's sworn to the Night's Watch.  He can't rule the 7 Kingdoms, and certainly can't marry anyone.

Conservatives need to realize that their Silent Moral Majority is neither silent, nor moral, nor a majority.

by nominalize on Mon May 06, 2013 at 10:45:17 PM PDT

•  Good points BUT (spoilers possible) (1+ / 0-)
          lyvwyr101

wouldn't that become moot after what happens to him in ADWD?

A village can not reorganize village life to suit the village idiot.

by METAL TREK on Mon May 06, 2013 at 10:51:47 PM PDT

•  (book future spoilers in this comment) (3+ / 0-)
            METAL TREK, lyvwyr101, Seneca Doane

It isn't unprecedented for a bastard to be legitimized, as we saw with Roose Bolton's bastard Ramsay ("don't call him that!")

Now, Jon Snow refuses Stannis's offer, but we'll see what happens to him when (if) he wakes up.  I myself wonder if he's not the chosen one of R'hollor, and we've seen with Beric and Catelyn that the Lord of Light chooses to resurrect those who serve justice.   So even if Jon dies, he might not die for long.

by nominalize on Mon May 06, 2013 at 10:58:54 PM PDT

•  PLUS (again, possible spoilers) (1+ / 0-)
          lyvwyr101

"Legitimacy" can be established by royal decree, like Stannis offers to do in ADWD.

A village can not reorganize village life to suit the village idiot.

by METAL TREK on Mon May 06, 2013 at 10:53:44 PM PDT

•  (potential spoilers) (4+ / 0-)

I think this thread is half right.

I think jon's mom is lyanna stark, but his dad is rhaegar targaryen.

so the "song of ice and fire" is jon's song.  ice = stark, fire = targaryen.

(this way he gets to command one of the dragons when the big battle finally happens in the books lol)

This comment is dedicated to my mellow Adept2U and his Uncle Marcus

by mallyroyal on Tue May 07, 2013 at 05:44:45 AM PDT

•  Jon Snow does have the Baratheon hair (2+ / 0-)
      METAL TREK, lyvwyr101

those thick black locks that none of the Stark children have.

by nominalize on Mon May 06, 2013 at 10:43:58 PM PDT

•  PREDICTED FUTURE SPOILER-Newbs look away (1+ / 0-)
      lyvwyr101

I have a theory that at some point assuming Sam becomes a Maester, he will utilize the obsidian dagger to kill Dani's dragons I think there is also something about the First Men and the Lord of Light which ties everything together.