View Diary: Daily Kos Elections SC-01 special election liveblog thread #3: Mark Sanford wins (235 comments)

•  Get a grip everyone (4+ / 0-)
    LordMike, wishingwell, mrsgoo, Skaje

You win some, you lose some. People got excited because of the polls, but it was always going to be an upset if she won.   Obviously, the DCCC was also fooled, but they're obviously as susceptible to polls as the rest of us.

Remember how Republicans felt last November, losing both the presidency and losing more seats in the senate.  This is Democrats' turn to lick their wounds and move on.

I'd start focusing on that VA governor's race. It scares the bejeebers out of me that Mr. missionary position-only Ken Cuccinelli is ahead by 10 points in the polls. Let's hope those polls are as inaccurate as they were in this race!

•  asdf (1+ / 0-)
      apimomfan2
      They have bought the third way/DLC bullshit hook line & sunk sinker. They're now regretting not finding somebody more conservative.

That, in its essence, is fascism--ownership of government by an individual, by a group, or by any other controlling private power. -- Franklin D. Roosevelt --

by enhydra lutris on Tue May 07, 2013 at 06:36:37 PM PDT

•  You a psychic or something? (3+ / 0-)

20, CA-18 (home), CA-13 (school)
        politicohen.com
        Socially libertarian, moderate on foreign policy, immigration, and crime, liberal on everything else.
        UC Berkeley; I think I'm in the conservative half of this city. -.4.12, -4.92

by jncca on Tue May 07, 2013 at 06:42:22 PM PDT

•  If there were a lot of progressives upset, they (4+ / 0-)

would've voted Green.  But almost nobody did.

20, CA-18 (home), CA-13 (school)
        politicohen.com
        UC Berkeley; I think I'm in the conservative half of this city. -.4.12, -4.92

by jncca on Tue May 07, 2013 at 06:42:41 PM PDT

•  If there were a lot of progressives upset, the (1+ / 0-)
          apimomfan2

DLC/DCCC would feel fulfilled, but, by your measure they're no doubt very remorseful.

by enhydra lutris on Tue May 07, 2013 at 06:47:34 PM PDT

•  They didn't upset progressives (0+ / 0-)

I'm a progressive and I'm happy, and my progressive friends were as well (not at the result, but at her campaign)

20, CA-18 (home), CA-13 (school)
            politicohen.com
            UC Berkeley; I think I'm in the conservative half of this city. -.4.12, -4.92

by jncca on Tue May 07, 2013 at 07:03:56 PM PDT

•  Ah, well, fiscal restraint+military spending+ (0+ / 0-)

no tax increases+ "bipartisanship" and, from what I hear, anti labor/unions isn't exactly what some other folks call "progressive", but to each their own, including language, I guess.

by enhydra lutris on Tue May 07, 2013 at 08:01:18 PM PDT

•  I tell you what... (0+ / 0-)

Next time there's a special election in South Carolina, we'll get Bernie Sanders to resign his Senate seat and move down there so we can run a real progressive. Because obviously, that's what wins in a district that Romney won by nearly 20 points, outright socialism!

Politics and more Formerly DGM on SSP. NM-01, 26 (chairman of the Atheist Caucus)

by NMLib on Wed May 08, 2013 at 12:33:49 AM PDT