View Diary: STAMP OUT HUNGER ANNUAL NALC FOOD DRIVE, LEAVE FOOD AT YOUR MAILBOX SATURDAY MAY 11TH (51 comments)

•  Thanks for inspiring me....... (2+ / 0-)
    operculum, wishingwell

I received a bag which was labeled for donation (I think in my newspaper or maybe in my mailbox).

I was going to skip it this year.  Last year I filled my bag and they never picked it up.  So I'll give them another try.

Never regret something that made you smile

by Texnance on Fri May 10, 2013 at 06:34:25 PM PDT

•  Yes try again and if it not picked up, call your (0+ / 0-)

local post office and they will relay the message to one of their carriers. And the carriers are all NALC members so they will get someone out there.  As some of the retired NALC members often do the pickups when the carrier has a full truck or other reasons.

Follow PA Keystone Liberals on Twitter: @KeystoneLibs

by wishingwell on Fri May 10, 2013 at 09:51:23 PM PDT

•  I was skipped again! (1+ / 0-)
        wishingwell

I didn't even get any mail today....and the bag is still there after 8 tonite.

Never regret something that made you smile

by Texnance on Sat May 11, 2013 at 06:19:43 PM PDT

•  Do you live in a single family dwelling where the (0+ / 0-)

letter carrier only stops at your house or at your mailbox if he has mail for you?  Were you able to reach anyone at your local post office?  You can try tomorrow, even early morning, and tell them to let a carrier know you left out a donation Saturday that was not picked up.

If no one comes for your donation, let me know, as I want the NALC in your area know about this so this does not happen again next year or with other donors next year.

Follow PA Keystone Liberals on Twitter: @KeystoneLibs

by wishingwell on Sun May 12, 2013 at 12:52:23 PM PDT

•  And so this does not happen next year too, be (0+ / 0-)

sure to talk to your letter carrier sometime soon or in the next year and let him know this has happened to you 2 years in a row.  As I know there are even retired letter carriers volunteering yesterday who, if they knew, would come up and pick up your donations.

I am sorry to hear this happened to you. But I guess it does happen in cases where a person gets passed up if the carrier has no mail for that patron on donation day. So I guess he would skip by that residence in some cases.

Follow PA Keystone Liberals on Twitter: @KeystoneLibs

by wishingwell on Sun May 12, 2013 at 12:58:48 PM PDT

•  I left the bag on my porch (0+ / 0-)

which is visible from the street.  Even if I didn't get mail they should have been looking for donations, right?

Never regret something that made you smile

by Texnance on Mon May 13, 2013 at 07:18:30 AM PDT

•  Oh I agree Tex, if you want to, kosmail me (0+ / 0-)

with your zipcode. I will then look up your NALC branch for your area. I can then email them about how they misssed at one residence on donation day. You do not need to give me your address, I can just notify them generally so that mistake can be avoided next year,...that is, if you want me to...I will be glad to do that.

Follow PA Keystone Liberals on Twitter: @KeystoneLibs