View Diary: Cheers and Jeers: Monday (175 comments)

•  CHEERS... (17+ / 0-)

... to Malaysia for knowing how to use their court system.  No one will ever know how fervently I wish those who were found guilty were sitting in jail this very instant.

JEERS to the US DoJ for not knowing how to use our court system to go after lying war criminals.  Seriously.  I think they should go back to law school and do a lot of refresher courses.

JEERS to debilitating strokes and old age.  The mother of a very nice friend of mine had to be put in hospice after yet another stroke (I think this is the third one they have counted in a year or two, and they thought there was one a week or so ago but weren't sure), and the whole situation sux.  My friend is a really nice person, her mother is a nice person, and they don't deserve this.  Her mother had to be put in a nursing home a couple of years ago when she nearly died after the first stroke.  Somehow, she survived and was still doing therapy.

CHEERS to a bit of humor (sent by same friend in above paragraph who is fantastic at genealogy research) that describes me perfectly (and a few other genie researchers I know :-)):
    ADGD

Provisional CHEERS to the MN State Legislature - Full CHEERS if/when the Senate passes the marriage equality bill, and CHEERS to Governor Dayton for already saying he'll sign it....

CHEERS to all of you and your furry and feathery family and friends.  Hope your Monday goes well.

by NonnyO on Mon May 13, 2013 at 06:32:33 AM PDT

•  A bill already passed the Senate, IIRC, (7+ / 0-)

this is more of a "reconciliation" bill. It should pass without difficulty.

I resent that. I demand snark, and overly so -- Markos Moulitsas.

by commonmass on Mon May 13, 2013 at 06:34:19 AM PDT

•  Not yet... (7+ / 0-)

The Senate votes on the house bill today.

Governor Dayton has been really brave on this subject. He even included marriage equality in his annual state of the state speech.

“And the day came when the risk to remain tight in a bud was more painful than the risk it took to blossom” - Anais Nin

by legendmn on Mon May 13, 2013 at 06:39:05 AM PDT

•  As long as they get it right... (8+ / 0-)

Those who choose to marry should be able to do so.  That's my bottom line on civil rights involving marriage.

I'm for choices.  Choose to marry, or not.  Choose to stay single, or not.  As long as consenting adults are involved, legal contracts to live together can be thought about and signed (or not).  Choose to live with someone without a contract, or not.  It's about options, choices.

[Anyway, it's going to be fun to watch a certain Guano Loco Dingbat's head spin when the governor signs it and it drives her over the ledge.  The laughter that sounds like a demented hen cackling coming from this direction will be me.  ;-D ]

by NonnyO on Mon May 13, 2013 at 06:43:32 AM PDT

•  that card is so ME :-) (8+ / 0-)

I'm not a complete idiot - some parts are missing.

by Civil Writes Activist on Mon May 13, 2013 at 06:43:00 AM PDT

•  :-D I know, right? (8+ / 0-)

I sent the reply to my friend:

"Busted!"

I laughed so hard I about busted a gut 'cuz I know it is SO me!

Did I post this one yet or not?  I have folder with genealogy humor in it.

Genealogy-Done Never

by NonnyO on Mon May 13, 2013 at 06:49:28 AM PDT

•  Can I steal that? (2+ / 0-)
          mayim, NonnyO

My FB page has JUST the spot for it!

•  I give it away...! (0+ / 0-)

It was sent to me by a genealogy friend..., ergo, it's mine to give away as I see fit.  ;-D

If you got a giggle out of it because you recognize yourself or a relative or friend in it..., please, I urge you, take it and send it to them so they can giggle, too.  [I guffawed!  :-D  You've not seen my shelves of genealogy notebooks with the stacks of notebooks beside it because I lack enough room to add more shelving.... :-D  My friend has seen that organized chaos, so she knew I'd literally rofl...!]

Smiles must be shared... Always!  It's like a karmic law because it makes for the body's manufacture of "feel good" natural drugs (best of all, no profit to pharmaceutical corporations ;-)).  Hugs must always be shared and/or passed on, too!

{{{:-D}}}

More genealogy humor (somehow funnier if you have ancestors from Norway, Sweden, Denmark, Iceland, Faroe Islands):
            Genealogy-Eric and his bloody family tree again

by NonnyO on Mon May 13, 2013 at 10:36:30 PM PDT