View Diary: Street Prophets Coffee Hour: Dragons (15 comments)

•  Wonderful! (2+ / 0-)
    FloridaSNMOM, michelewln

When you mentioned in a comment some time ago that your son also drew dragons I was quietly hoping for a peek.

Thanks for sharing that!

Saving the elusive werelynx though swag.

by Marko the Werelynx on Mon May 13, 2013 at 03:18:09 PM PDT

•  he has a deviant art page (3+ / 0-)

DragonRT

His hand drawn is better than his computer gen, but he's working on it. He has a drawing tablet for his computer.

by FloridaSNMOM on Mon May 13, 2013 at 05:23:31 PM PDT

•  Already working with Photoshop I see, (1+ / 0-)
        FloridaSNMOM

And some of that is pretty sophisticated (like the layering in the background on this piece). Photoshop is about as complicated as it gets for a drawing tool, and some things it handles better than others but it certainly gives you room to learn and grow.

I keep fantasizing about getting a bigger and better tablet ... sigh, not in the budget at this point. I find myself doing most of my drawing by hand and then scanning and adding color via Photoshop.

Saving the elusive werelynx though swag.

by Marko the Werelynx on Mon May 13, 2013 at 08:49:21 PM PDT

•  I got his on sale (1+ / 0-)
          Marko the Werelynx

on Amazon one year. One of the Black Friday sales deals. It's not a top end tablet by any means, but it works well for him. I think he prefers Gimp to photoshop at this point.

by FloridaSNMOM on Tue May 14, 2013 at 06:56:08 AM PDT

•  The Gimp interface (1+ / 0-)
            FloridaSNMOM

drives me crazy with all the windows but you can't beat free.

What size is your son's tablet? I manage to clunk along on a mini Wacom tablet with an active area smaller than a postcard.

Has he tried the dA Muro online drawing program featured on the deviantART site? I may play with it if I've got some free time next week.

Inspired by your son I've finally taken the leap and made my own deviantART page.

Saving the elusive werelynx though swag.

by Marko the Werelynx on Tue May 14, 2013 at 09:27:34 AM PDT

•  I think his is 8x10 inches or something (1+ / 0-)
              Marko the Werelynx

a bit smaller. It's not a huge one, but it's decent size for him to work with. It's not a Wacom though. When he gets up I'll ask him. He was having insomnia issues last night and only fell asleep around noon. He likes the interface with Gimp better than Photoshop, we do have both. I don't  think he's done the dAMuro online program yet, but I'll suggest it to him. Either that or I'll get him to Kosmail you, he has an account on here.

by FloridaSNMOM on Tue May 14, 2013 at 10:29:30 AM PDT

•  He's awake and blurry eyed... (0+ / 0-)

well kind of awake, he slept 2 hours poor kid.
                Genius is the brand, and it's not quite 5x7 for the tablet surface, the tablet itself is 5x7 with the drawing surface a bit smaller than that.

by FloridaSNMOM on Tue May 14, 2013 at 11:31:28 AM PDT

•  He says the picture you mentioned (0+ / 0-)

Dragon Head was drawn on Photoshop, but now he prefers Gimp. It's easier for him to work with. He hasn't tried the dAMuro program yet.

by FloridaSNMOM on Tue May 14, 2013 at 11:34:48 AM PDT