View Diary: GOP BS Fail: Benghazi White House Emails were Doctored UPDATED x3 (189 comments)

•  Are you joking? nt (6+ / 0-)

When someone is impatient and says, "I haven't got all day," I always wonder, How can that be? How can you not have all day? George Carlin

by msmacgyver on Tue May 14, 2013 at 02:21:10 PM PDT

•  Nope (1+ / 0-)
      Subterranean

All it would take would be 59 republicans plus a few blue dogs in the Senate.  Not likely, but certainly possible.  I suspect that the house will impeach for something.  The only question is what happens in the senate

Touch all that arises with a spirit of compassion

by Mindful Nature on Tue May 14, 2013 at 03:46:07 PM PDT

•  You are falling victim to the (0+ / 0-)

Rantings From The Right which have been going on since the day he was elected the first time.

The involuntary removal of a sitting President of the United States has never occurred in our history. The only legal way such can be accomplished is by the impeachment process. This article discusses the legal standard to be properly applied by members of the United States House of Representatives when voting for or against Articles of Impeachment, and members of the United States Senate when voting whether or not to convict and remove from office a President of the United States, as well as the procedure to be followed.

Article I § 2 of the United States Constitution gives the House of Representatives the sole power to impeach (make formal charges against) and Article I § 3 gives the Senate the sole power to try impeachments. Article II § 4 of the Constitution provides as follows:

"The President, Vice President and all civil officers of the United States, shall be removed from office on impeachment for, and conviction of, treason, bribery, or other high crimes and misdemeanors." (Emphasis supplied).

by msmacgyver on Tue May 14, 2013 at 04:15:53 PM PDT

•  this is not news (0+ / 0-)

do you honestly think that if the Republicans had the votes, they would refrain because Obama hadn't actually committed any crimes?  You give the modern GOP far far more credit than I.

Touch all that arises with a spirit of compassion

by Mindful Nature on Wed May 15, 2013 at 12:15:19 AM PDT

•  I don't give the GOP credit for (0+ / 0-)

restraining themselves over impeachment.  I do think that the behind-the-scenes leaders of the GOP recognize that they simply do not have the majority of support needed to pull it off.

Impeachment is the same as Repeal Obamacare...red meat for the dwindling base.

by msmacgyver on Wed May 15, 2013 at 08:22:08 AM PDT

•  Are you too young to remember Clinton? (0+ / 0-)

He was impeached without the "majority support to pull it off" in the Senate.  Today there are enough blue dogs to possibly eek things out in the Senate (if dems hand the Senate to the GOP next year, which they seem to be trying hard to do)  Republicans hate Obama more than they did Clinton, ergo...

"When I was an alien, cultures weren't opinions" ~ Kurt Cobain, Territorial Pissings

by Subterranean on Wed May 15, 2013 at 12:40:45 PM PDT

•  Not falling victim, observing reality (0+ / 0-)

Note that I'm NOT calling for Obama's impeachment, I'm saying it's likely to happen.

Perhaps you have a more favorable view of house republicans?

by Subterranean on Wed May 15, 2013 at 12:38:25 PM PDT