View Diary: Why are you all just reacting to GOP propaganda instead of setting your own agenda? (166 comments)

•  their wing nuts complain too (4+ / 0-)
    nickrud, Urizen, jaywillie, DeadHead

Go take a look at Red State, or as like to call it Bizzaro Kos, there is always plenty of hand wringing and knee jerk reactions just like over here, and during the Bush years there were people who loved Bush no matter what he did vs the people who thought he caved too much and those two groups fought. Now that they are on the outside with a united enemy to fight there is less infighting and now the Democrats are the ones in charge so the infighting happens with us.

During Bush's second term the right wingers were done with him. Now he paints alone left to wonder just what happened during his eight years as President.

I sing praises in the church of nonsense, but in my heart I'm still an atheist, demanding sense of all things.

by jbou on Tue May 14, 2013 at 02:06:58 PM PDT

•  because all complaints are the same (0+ / 0-)

and all those complaining are crazy wingnuts?

False equivalency.

On the other hand, I liked your rec list diary.

"When people spin this in partisan terms to obfuscate the truth, it does a real disservice to normal people not in the big club in DC. Many of them will be hurting...That is why I write."--priceman

by SouthernLiberalinMD on Tue May 14, 2013 at 02:56:30 PM PDT

•  I'm not judging the complaint. (0+ / 0-)

I am not talking about the content of the complaints, just that they are complaining.

It is not a false equivalency. Both sides have people who complain that the party is failing to deal with their issues.

by jbou on Tue May 14, 2013 at 03:05:03 PM PDT

•  OK, I see. (2+ / 0-)
          jbou, DeadHead

You're talking about the real-world phenomenon that about 1/2 of the people in each party would rather be somewhere else, if they could be.

by SouthernLiberalinMD on Tue May 14, 2013 at 03:23:01 PM PDT

•  exactly (3+ / 0-)

which leads me to my desire for three or four parties. One for labor, one for business, one for libertarians, and one for Christians. You will get overlap on issues from party to party which is how a consensus would be built.

by jbou on Tue May 14, 2013 at 03:35:20 PM PDT

•  I like how you think. (1+ / 0-)
              jbou

But the money in politics issue would have to be worked on and reformed in some way as well, or it wouldn't matter--the money party would win every battle, every time.

by SouthernLiberalinMD on Tue May 14, 2013 at 03:45:52 PM PDT

•  only problem is (1+ / 0-)
              Odysseus

that works only in a parliamentary system.  Ours is winner-takes-all.

Dogs from the street can have all the desirable qualities that one could want from pet dogs. Most adopted stray dogs are usually humble and exceptionally faithful to their owners as if they are grateful for this kindness. -- H.M. Bhumibol Adulyadej

by corvo on Tue May 14, 2013 at 04:05:56 PM PDT

•  so we need a new system... (1+ / 0-)
                ororis

ours is broken and I don't think you'd get a lot of arguments from people on that.

by jbou on Tue May 14, 2013 at 04:09:25 PM PDT

•  a Constitutional Convention (1+ / 0-)
                  Odysseus

(which has been argued on this site ad nauseam by a few posters) would just result in an even more corporatist-friendly system.  Corps would buy the Convention.

by corvo on Tue May 14, 2013 at 04:12:22 PM PDT

•  so we're fucked (0+ / 0-)

cool, pass the joint and get my coke dealer on the phone.

by jbou on Tue May 14, 2013 at 04:27:31 PM PDT

•  pretty much n/t (0+ / 0-)

by corvo on Tue May 14, 2013 at 04:46:25 PM PDT

•  I think you've ended up with (0+ / 0-)

3 conservative parties and only one liberal party there, jbou.  Was that intentional?
              Not that I don't think about 2/3 of the electorate would choose to be in the labor party..

•  Christians and labor... (0+ / 0-)

our a natural alliance when it comes to things economic. Helping the less fortunate is a Christian tenet. The business friendly party and the libertarians and probably a chunk of the labor party would be on board with most social issue stuff like marriage equality. Like I said it leads to cross party compromise.

by jbou on Tue May 14, 2013 at 04:30:43 PM PDT

•  Wish I remember where I heard that stat (0+ / 0-)

I'll have to google it and see if I can find it.

by SouthernLiberalinMD on Tue May 14, 2013 at 03:23:33 PM PDT